ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 219: Death Cycle (XVII)

“What are you doing? Why did you kill Xiao Cheng!” A mercenary growled angrily at Di Kui, the “Xiao Cheng” he was talking about was the zombie whose head was just shot off by Di Kui.

Di Kui stood in front of Shang Ke with a steely look, his golden eyes shining with chilling indifference.

The mercenary’s body couldn’t stop trembling, and his legs stiffened, unable to move for a moment. He looked at Di Kui in fear, mentally shocked at how powerful he was. The zombies outside were shrieking madly, yet the atmosphere inside the house was at a freezing point.

While quickly wrapping up his wounds, Shang Ke explained to the mercenary, “This isn’t Xiao Cheng, it’s a zombie in disguise.”

Shang Ke’s voice pulled the mercenary out of his fear, and then came the uncontrollable anger.

His eyes were red as he shouted at Shang Ke, “You’ve smashed his head to pieces, and it’s not up to you to decide whether he’s real or not!” Xiao Cheng was his brother, one moment he was happy that he was back, the next moment he saw him dead in front of his eyes, this fact made him lose his mind, he didn’t care about the zombies outside the house, he raised his pistol and shot at Di Kui.

“No!” Bai Mu and the others’ voices rang out at the same time, but there were so many zombies that there was no time to stop him.

As soon as Shang Ke saw his move, he knew it was going to be bad. Even though Di Kui had acted very harmless for this period of time, it didn’t change the fact that he was a dangerous species that kills without blinking an eye.

The reality was just as Shang Kui had expected. When the mercenary raised his hand, his body was pierced by Di Kui. But in an instant, Di kui returned to Shang Ke’s side, and the mercenary was still in the raising of the gun position, not even feeling the pain. When he did, his consciousness also disappeared.

“Iron Mask!” Another of the mercenary’s companions had an incredulous look on his face when he saw this, “Are you crazy? Why did you kill my companion!”

If you say you killed “Xiao Cheng” because he was a zombie, what about “Iron Mask”?
(what a stupid question..)

Everyone around started casting hostile and guarded gaze towards Di Kui.

“Stop it, the zombies are about to rush in!” Bai Mu shouted at the crowd, reminding them that now was not the time for an internal conflict.

Shang Ke’s blood made the zombies go even crazier, attacking the mercenaries with no regard for their lives. Several mercenaries had already been killed.

Although Zuo Xian and Bai Mu were strong, they could not perform their best because they were limited by space. The zombies had surrounded the small building, and more zombies were gathering this way incessantly. Zuo Xian rushed out several times to try to lure away some of the zombies, but to no avail.

The roars of the zombies rose and fell, and the smell of blood, sweat and rotting corpses mixed together, stimulating everyone’s nerves.

Di Kui also seemed to be affected, with a low roar in his throat, his sharp nails quickly extended, flashing with a cold light.

“He… is turning into a zombie!” A mercenary pointed at Di Kui Kui and shouted in fear.

Everyone was shocked and looked back, and indeed saw that Di Kui Kui had revealed the features of a zombie.