Chapter 28

"How long are we going to be gone?" I asked lifting a suitcase into the car.

I turned to Conner, giving him a glare. He refused to answer my questions.

Conner, once again, ignored me. Time for plan B. I took a small breath and prepared myself.

My eyes burned as I forced tears to the surface.

"Conner?" I asked my voice cracking.

Damn. I deserve an award. Conner's head snapped to me so fast I heard a crack in his neck. I let a tear slip. His eyes widened slightly.

"What did I do wrong? I thought-" my voice trailed of as I 'sobbed'.

Conner came to me and wiped my tears away.

"Please stop crying." He said.

His voice sounded pained and I kinda felt bad but Demi Lovato said sorry not sorry.

"Then tell me." I said serious now.

Conner sighed. "About a week." He said.

"So... what's wrong about that?" I asked frowning.

Why wouldn't he want to tell me? He opened his mouth and closed it like a fish. I raised an eyebrow.

Then Ash's car pulled into the driveway. Conner sighed under his breath and went to him.

Saved by the bell? I don't think so mate.

"Gemmy!" My head turned to see Eve walking to me with open arms.

Eve had changed a lot. She still ate like she was dying the next day but she had become more... dangerous I should say. She had shaved half her head so her brown curls fell off on one side.

I opened my arms. "Evie!" I shouted back.

She smiled at me and hugged me tight.

"Gemmy? Evie?" Both our heads turned to see Caroline coming towards us.

She had cut her long red hair to her shoulders and was rocking her new bob. Over time, she became the mom of the group, getting us out of trouble while I convinced us to get into it and Eve came up with it.

"Carrie!" We both shouted going to give her a hug.

After a time, we all pulled back.

"So... we are working on the nicknames right?" She asked.

"Definitely." Caroline and I answered in unison.

"Why don't you just give up?" Ash asked coming to join the group.

"We can't babe, you know that." Eve said.

"I know I gave up when Caroline decided her name was Carol." Jace said with a big smile on his face.

Caroline blushed. Jace actually had a huge change over the years. From Mr. Serious to Mr. Romantic in a snap. It was sweet. Caroline was always blushing and saying how unfair it was he was better at gift giving than her.

"Leave the girl alone Jacey." I said.

Jace rolled his eyes. We tried to come up with nicknames for the boys too. Let's just say some things are best left unsaid.

"Are we the only ones leaving?" I asked as the last of my luggage was packed by Conner.

"Yeah. The warriors are dealing with the rogue problem and my dad was more than happy to take over." Jace said.

I sighed. "I don't want to leave." I said.

For two reasons, one, we may be close to Moon Dust Pack and some very bad memories, two, I hated leaving the pack under someone else's hands. It just have me goosebumps.