Chapter 12

Chase's POV(surprise!!)
It has been two months since I rejected my mate, two months since our pack slowly fell apart. We didn't know how much Gemma did for us till she left.

No one knew how to cook so we were stuck having takeout. No one wanted to wash the dishes so the sinks were always full and most used plastic plates instead.

The bills had been piling up, mail had not been given out, the pack house was dirty, the fridge was empty, children were suffering with school work mostly homework since Gemma did all those things.

Many fights had broken out because no one knew what to do. Everyone was bored and lazy. I became alpha a few days ago because my father and mother were not handling the stress of the pack well.

I would like to say that my alpha ceremony was the worst. Everything was out of place. Gemma used to plan for parties and all so it was not a surprise.

We looked for her but no one has seen her in the town. She left leaving no trace behind. No neighbouring packs had seen her either. She couldn't have gotten far but no one knew where she was. Not even rogues. I asked.

Most of all, I missed her. I missed my mate. I missed her warm brown eyes, her soft brown hair, her everything. My wolf Jace had stopped talking to me since that day. And it was hard without him to guide me. The pack was crumbling. Soon other packs will know and we will be attacked. I couldn't have that so I changed.

I became cold hearted. Who was going to love me anyway. Not my mate. She left.

I forced everyone to obey me. I made sure we all did a role.  No more omegas. It's the reason we are falling apart anyway. I increased training, punishments, work for each person.

I was not letting my pack fall apart all because they were lazy. No. I worked them hard. Harder than Gemma. They would respect me. They would fear me. Because that's the only way the pack would run.

Plus the hunters had been attacking in South America. In case they came we needed to at least be able to protect ourselves. I formed alliances and rebuilt the pack from scratch.

I renamed it from Moon Dust Pack to Blood River pack. I picked out a Luna, Riley. She lost her mate. She was sweet and shy. The perfect Luna. I loved her but not as much as I would love my mate.

My pack changed. I changed and the world is changing because of the hunters. I just regret one thing. One thing that will haunt me for the rest of my days.

Rejecting my mate. Gemma.

??? POV
I watched as my men checked the pack house we had invaded. We were looking for one thing. The white wolf.

We had her once she managed to escape. How? I don't know neither do I care but I wanted her. After we kidnapped her from her pack, Golden Spring pack in Australia, we've been searching.

First Australia,  then Europe now, South America.

I sighed as I watched my men return to their vehicles. It was not here. I needed to kill it. Just like I did its pack, it's ancestors and just as I will it's children.

"Sir we have a lead." I looked over to my right hand man.

"What is it?" I asked excited. This was the closest we had gotten .

"There was a sitting of a white wolf in the forests of North America. It was only a glimpse, the area was not shown and neither was the closest pack. It's all in these documents we found in the Alpha's room." He said handing me two thick envelopes filled with paper.

"You may go now." I dismissed him looking at the files. I saw a picture . It was only a glimpse, a dot, a speck but to me it was everything. I would finally find this wolf. Then it will all end.

It was said that every one thousand years, the moon goddess would send a wolf to carry the lifelines for all gifted wolves because it was too much to bare on her own.

If you killed the wolf before it got its powers all gifted wolves would be gone.

I wanted to kill that wolf then all that remained. I was determined and would not fail. I walked out of the tent to the centre of our camping ground.

"Brothers! Gather around." I shouted. They all moved to where I was standing.

All attentive and alert. No females were allowed in this group. Only males. We were stronger and faster. Plus we didn't let feelings get in the way of our work.

I looked at my men. My brothers. They had been with me through this search. Never giving up.

"Brothers! Tonight, we celebrate because we have a lead." I said and they all cheered.

" We will find that wolf where ever they are and kill them. They are monsters! Tainting this earth with their wild nature and we will be able to put it to an end. Tomorrow, we will travel to North America searching for this wolf. We will find it, spill its blood and purify the world! " they all cheered once more.

I smiled. That night we drank and celebrated. We would purify the world one death at a time. Starting with that wolf.

*************************†************************

Sorry for the short chapter. It needed to be done.

Thanks to all my readers wouldn't be #1 without you

Thanks to all my readers wouldn't be #1 without you. 💘💘