Chapter 35

Butterflies filled my stomach at the sight before me. Wolves of different race, size and gender, getting ready for war. This was... I have no words but something is going to go wrong. I feel it.

Conner was giving orders to some other wolves. I had convinced him to let Luna Avery come with our group. Maybe the fates will twist things in our favour? I don't know. Bile rose from my stomach and I turned and vomited into a bush.

Two warm hands landed on my back, making circular motions. "You're fine Gemma. Suck it up." Eve said in my ear.

"Leave her alone. Let her process this. It's her first time going to war. Remember mine?" Caroline said from beside me.

"Of course I do, how can I forget? You almost burnt the whole camp down."

I placed my hands on my knees as I was overcome with dizziness. More food threatened to come back up. I blocked Conner from the bond. He didn't need this right now. I stood up straight and the place spun for a second before Caroline and Eve came into view.

"The sun is about to set and the battle will begin soon. Are you sure you're alright." Caroline asked.

I nodded. "Just a few jitters. I'll be fine." I pressured them. They nodded but still kept an eye on me.

•••

It was time. War was upon us and I just wanted to lie down for the longest nap if my life. The sun had serviced the horizon and the sky was out with beautiful stars.

We split up, other alphas to the known base and us a few yards away with Luna Avery who was going to use her powers to follow those who strayed. Her blonde wolf walked in front of us, hiding in the thick foliage of the forest beyond the pack boarders.

Conner was the only one who had not shifted. It would be easier for him to move through the woods in this form. We all his behind and watched as Luna Avery used her powers, her tail slightly wagging back and forth.

Conner knelt next to me and run a hand through my white fur. Tingles spread through my body and I relaxed.

"Shift back for now." He commended and we all shifted back. Luna Avery was now kneeling with her hands in the dirt, her eyes closed and face creased.

We waited.

That's what this was all about, patience. We had to plan this right. Conner made hand motion and the others split up, checking our surroundings. I stayed back with Luna Avery as she did her thing. I placed my hand on my chest when I felt like throwing up again.

What did I eat?

"Do you think it's a good idea to go?" Luna Avery asked with her eyes still closed. I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you shouldn't be going to war in your condition." She said looking back at me. What the hell was she going on about?

"What condition?" I asked.

"You're pregnant."

My whole world stopped. You can't be serious? I'm pregnant! Now? Here? Why? I placed a hand to my stomach.

"How do you know?"

"My gift remember. I can sense three little beings in that belly of yours." She said with a big smile.

"Three?" I asked and she gave me a happy nod.

"The first ever werewolf triplets. How exciting!"

As my heart soured with happiness, it also sunk with dread. I was going to war while pregnant. I could lose my babies.

'We will not lose them. We must fight this war but we will protect our children with our lives.' Winter said in my head.