Chapter 13

Conner's POV
I woke up, feeling the sheets beside me for my mate. I patted around before realising she wasn't there. I quickly sat up and scanned the room. No one was present. I listened in the bathroom for my mate. Not there. My heart beat faster. Where was she?

I got up, out on some sweatpants and rushed downstairs. On my way I heard the sound of movement in the kitchen. I sighed in relief. She was still here. I didn't know what I would do if she left.

I walked into the kitchen to the sight of Gemma with headphones in her ears swaying her hips to the song that was on as I listened I found it was Juicy by Doja Cat.

I went behind Gemma circling my arms around her waist. She stiffened a bit before relaxing.

"Hey babe. What are you doing?" She handed me a note.

I woke up like at three a.m and I couldn't sleep. So, I decided to check out the kitchen. I baked cookies. And a lot of them. Like a lot.

I read the note and looked around to see four plates full of chocolate chip cookies and a two trays in the oven. I laughed.

"Well I was going to the pack house today would you like to come? Maybe we could give all these to the pack members. " I said to her. She nodded uncertainty.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She got a pen and paper and started writing .

What if they don't like me?

I looked at the note, spin her to face me and cupped her cheeks. "They will love you." I said.

Then I leaned on and kissed her. The first time we kissed I let her take charge not this time. The kiss was heated and desperate. I asked for entrance and when granted I explored her mouth. We pulled apart breathing heavily.

"Come on get dressed and let's go." I said grabbing a few cookies from the counter. We made our way upstairs, she took a shower first and I went after.

When I was done dressing into jeans and a red v neck t-shirt, I went downstairs to see Gemma packing some cookies to take with us. I decided to use my car to go to the pack house. It was a white Lamborghini.

While we were driving, I noticed Gemma shifting in her seat every now and then. Her heartbeat was fast and her breathing uneven. She was nervous. She started tapping her foot and I put a hand in her thigh to stop her.

She looked over at me and I smiled. She gave me a weak smile back. "It's going to be fine. I'm right here with you." I said. She nodded.

Twenty minutes later we pulled up at the pack house. I got out and so did Gemma. For someone who was very nervous she kept her cool. I walked and she was beside me.

Everyone in the pack knew I found my mate who was mute and we were dating. It's just no one has seen her before though. Everyone was looking at us as we made our way to the front doors.

We went to the living room where Ash and Jace where with their mates.

Caroline, Jace's mate was medium height, had an athletic build, straight long red hair, green eyes and the goddess blessed her with the power of fire.