Chapter 15

Conner's POV

I watched awed as my mate takes down twenty of our best warriors in a minute. I didn't know Gemma could fight like that. My feet are still rooted to the same spot ten seconds after Gemma left with the girls.

"EVERYONE GO HOME! THOSE OF YOU WHO FOUGHT MEET ME IN MY OFFICE!" I shouted using my alpha voice.

Those I called on looked scared. They should be. After punishing all the wolves, Brittney with the worst punishment of all, I waited for my mate to come back. She had some questions to answer.

I heard the chatter of the girls and I walked over to the door standing with my arms crossed. The girls entered and their smiles disappeared when they saw me.

They were all carrying bags, Gemma more than them all.

I cleared my throat. "Gemma we need to talk." I said sternly. She sighed, dropped her bags and walked to the kitchen. We all followed her and we were taking our seats.

Then the most unexpected, thrilling, mind boggling, shocking thing happened. Gemma spoke.

"If I'm going to be lectured and whatnot by Conner, I should at least have nutella. Maybe then, I'll explain my shitty life better."

Her voice was angelic. Beautiful. She had an Australian accent that made it even more musical. Everyone turned to her and looked at her in shock.

She opened the fridge getting out nutella. Opening the tin, she looked at us and spoke. Again.

"Who needs a spoon? God created fingers for a reason right?" She said. We were still looking at her in shock.

"I wonder what's wrong with them? Never seen a girl lick nutella off her fingers before?" she asked before sticking her fingers in a jar and licking them.

I finally found my voice and said "Gemma.... you spoke."

"What?" she asked.

"You did it again." Jenny added.

"No I di-" she started bringing her fingers to her mouth. She paused when she realized we were right.

Her eyes widened. Fear written all over her face, she dropped the nutella.

"No no no no no no. They would hear me. No noise. Shhhh. No noise, no pain. No noise. No sound. Shut up. Please stop talking. Stop!" She muttered to herself.

She looked lost in thought before she crumbled to the floor sobbing. She held her legs close to her and her arms wrapped around themselves.

My chest ached. I moved closer to pull her in my arms but every time I touched her, she would scream and pull back.

Her actions hurt. Seeing her like this hurt. I stopped trying to help her. It was no use. I just sat there in the floor watching my mate cry until she passed out.

Gemma's POV
When I woke up, I was in a bedroom. It wasn't the one at Conner's house but it still faintly smelled like him. I looked out the window seeing the pack house. Lake sparkling against the warm sun.

Wolves happily mingling whilst I lay here. Numb. I couldn't move. Only open my eyes, sleep, eat and breathe. It's like my mind went into defence mode by shutting down.

Conner came in a couple of times trying to get me to talk, move, anything. I just lay there. Like a leaf waiting for the wind to take her. Jenny and the others came to. I just simply refused to move.

I couldn't feel Winter anymore. I would be concerned if I wasn't a Gemma zombie. Soon, Conner came to feed me. Sometimes it was Jenny maybe Caroline and Ash once in a while.

I hated this. How my past got to me. In that state of paralysis, my only companion were memories and thoughts. The memories are horrible. I didn't have any good ones. Maybe before mom died but even those were faint.

I started to remember small details about my life. Like the fear I have most is the man with one eye. He would hurt me the most. His torture so bad I had thought of suicide.

I remember once during a torture session, I blacked out. Waking up in the closet with entirely new smells. At first I brushed it off thinking they needed more use for me up here and not down in their dungeons. I never saw the one eyed man again. Was I even in moon dust pack dungeons in the first place? Now I think I have to look into it once I get back on my feet.

I've also been thinking of how I may have started talking. Remember the witch? Yep. Her voodoo mint did this to me. I can't say I'm angry just unprepared. I wish I could just get up!

I need more answers. And I can finally ask them. Plus I stink.

Conner's POV
When Gemma woke up, she was just a shell of herself. Physically she was here but mentally, she was in Narnia. I was worried.

I tried so hard to get her to talk. Soon, I gave up and decided to take care of her. It's been hard managing her and the pack in one go but I would do it a thousand times for her.

Axle hasn't talked to me since. He's shut down. I can still feel him but.... he's just not into it. He says he can't feel Winter, Gemma's wolf.

Gemma just needs to get out of her head. Because I don't know how much longer I can hold onto my sanity without her beside me.

Jenny POV
Gemma has been unresponsive since she talked. I want to know why. I tried talking to her but it was like talking to a fucking wall. I even tried to shout in her ear. No flinch.

I want her here with me. Yesterday I got a faint whiff of my mate. I was so happy and couldn't wait to tell Gemma. Before I remembered.

Now I'm here, watching her favourite show, Supergirl with a huge tub of vanilla ice cream, gummy bears and kit kats. Exactly what she would eat.

I watched as Kara sent Mano out into space in her small spaceship thing because she released some metal in the air. I wasn't even paying attention.

(A\N: Forgive me if I did not get the name Mano right. You still get it though, right?)

I was just crying. Crying for Gemma, my best friend, sister and PIC (Partner In Crime). Crying because of the shitty life I've lived. Crying because of what Xavier did to me and crying because I shipped Kara and Mano now they are being separated. Forever.

************************************************
Just done with another chapter. It's 2:53 a.m.

I hope you like this. It's more on how others felt and how she started talking again.

Do any of you have a request for someone's POV?