NINE

• The Chest •Word count 1117

• The Chest •
Word count 1117

Clink! Stiles shovel finally hit something causing Cassandra to look over at him. "Did you find it?" She asks him in an excited tone. "No..... my shovel just made that noise because it wanted to." Stiles replies sarcastically. Cassandra rolls her eyes at him as he starts trying to reveal whatever is in the hole. His hand eventually touches something hard and he starts brushing the dirt off of it hoping he can reveal what it is.

"I think it's a chest." Stiles mumbles as he try's to pull it out. Cassandra watches him as he struggles to pick it up. He kept trying to pull it up but it seemed like it was very heavy. "Just stand there and watch.....I'm totally not struggling." Stiles says sarcastically as he groans at how heavy it is. Cassandra quickly puts her hands underneath the chest and starts pulling it up with Stiles. Her hands started slipping as her fingers brushed against Stiles sending chills through her body.

"Pull on three.... one .... two .....three." Stiles instructs her. They both pull as hard as they can causing the chest to come out of the ground. They both set it down on the ground outside of the hole as they tried to catch their breaths. "We did it!" Stiles mumbles breathlessly. Stiles wrapped his arm around her and gave her a side hug sending chills through her body. She watched as he ran a hand through his hair. She wondered how someone could be so hot. "Let's try and open this thing." Stiles mumbles as he stares at the chest that was now out of the hole. Cassandra reverts her attention to the large chest. Stiles tried to open it but it wouldn't open.

"It must be locked." Cassandra huffs as she kneels beside the chest. "Really? I couldn't tell." Stiles replies sarcastically causing her to nudge his arm. Cassandra tries to open the chest but it won't budge. Stiles looks all around the chest looking for a way to open it. "Maybe there's a key somewhere." Cassandra mumbles as she searches the ground around the chest. "Wait hold up.... there's something written on the side.... come look." Stiles tells her as he examines the side of the chest. Cassandra kneels next to him as he brushes the dirt off of the side of the chest revealing words written on the side. Stiles squinted as he tried to read the words. He felt Cassandras arm brush against his arm sending sparks into his body as he realized how close she was to him. He caught himself staring at her as he noticed how beautiful she looked right now.

"Can you read it?" Cassandra asks him curiously causing him to snap out of his daze. "Uh..... okay.... it says the solution to your problem can be found in the reservoir near the trees." Stiles reads as he try's to understand what it is saying. Stiles racked his brain for what that could mean. "Well a reservoir is like a body of water.... right?" Cassandra asks him softly. He nods his head as he reads over the words again. "Near the trees..... that could be the creek that is near the woods. And it says solution so maybe the key is in there." Stiles replies as his eyes lock with Cassandras. She nods her head as she gets lost in his eyes. She felt her heart quicken as his eyes stayed locked on her. The sound of Stiles phone loudly ringing caused the two to quickly look away from each other. Stiles quickly picked up his phone as Cassandra stared at the large chest that was still locked.

"Crap I forgot the lacrosse game is in an hour." Stiles mumbles as he quickly stands up. "Shoot I lost track of time I have to get ready for cheer." Cassandra mumbles nervously as she stands up. Stiles eyes land on the chest as he try's to think of what to do with it. "We can bring it in my car.... help me lift it up." Stiles tells Cassandra as he bends down. Cassandra bends down near him as she places both hands on the chest as she helped Stiles carry it to his car. Stiles carried most of the weight as Cassandra lead him to his car. They placed the heavy chest in his trunk as they both took breaths of relief. "After the game we can go to the creek and look for the key." Stiles tells Cassandra as they both get into his car.

She nods her head as she rest her arm on the window. Stiles glances over at her hand causing his eyes to widen as he noticed its dark and horrid appearance. "Shit Cassie..... that doesn't look good." Stiles mumbles as he gestures to her hand. She quickly hides it in her sleeve as she shakes her head. "It's fine." She mumbles as she looks away from him. She feels his hand on her wrist as he gently rubs her arm. "You don't have to hide it from me." Stiles says softly causing her to look over at him. He looked genuinely concerned for her causing her to give him a soft smile. She glanced down at his hand holding hers sending butterflies into her stomach.

"Maybe you should use your powers on something small again so your hands are better so you can..... shake those pom poms." Stiles says sarcastically causing Cassandra to roll her eyes at him. "Maybe I'll use my powers on you." Cassandra replies sarcastically as she glares at him. Stiles widens his eyes at her as he holds his hands up in surrender. "What did I do?" He asked her playfully. "You just annoy me." She replies playfully. Stiles rolls his eyes as he glances over at her. He drops her off of at her house and waits outside her house to make sure she makes it safely inside.

"Can't wait to see you in that little cheerleader outfit!" Stiles yells at her playfully. She gives him the finger as she walks away from his car. "Hottest cheerleader out there!" Stiles yells playfully knowing the effect he has on her. Her face flushes red as she thinks about Stiles. Stiles hears her laughing as she walks inside her house. Stiles takes a deep breath as he shakes his head at the thought of Cassandra. He always rode the bench during lacrosse but it was worth it because he could stare at her the entire time. Cassandra didn't love cheerleading but she loved the chance to talk or see Stiles.

_______________________________
Stiles is so sarcastic I love him with my whole heart 😩❣️