SEVENTEEN

•The Key•Word count 1404

•The Key•
Word count 1404

"You have got to be kidding me." Stiles mumbled in disbelief. Cassandra had just opened the storage unit revealing a room full of what looked like a million keys. She looked over at Stiles who's mouth was hanging open in disbelief. "At least we found the key." Cassandra mumbles playfully as she picks up a handful of keys. "I think we found more than just one key!" Stiles yells sarcastically as he runs a hand nervously through his hair. "Do you have the treasure chest in your car?" Cassandra asks him curiously.

"Yes but we can't test every key....that will take forever." Stiles mumbles frantically. Stiles dived into the piles of keys causing his body to slam into the ground. "That was dumb." He groaned in pain. He felt a million keys digging into his back as Cassandra pulled his body out of the pile. "We can try using magic." Cassandra says playfully as she winks at him. Stiles was speechless as he stared at Cassandra as she closed her eyes. She looked extremely hot but he would never actually tell her that. "Hocus pocus! Avada kadavra!" Stiles yells playfully as he does dramatic hand gestures. Cassandra opens her eyes as she glares at him.

"Do you feel as dumb as you look when you do that." Cassandra asks him playfully. He stops moving his hands as he looks over at her. "I felt powerful... are you saying I didn't look powerful?" Stiles asks her sarcastically. "I can't focus if you don't shut up." Cassandra tells him sharply. "Fine." Stiles mumbles as he takes a step away from her. He wants to give her a funny remark but he didn't want to ruin her focus. He watched as she lifted her hands up slowly. The dark veins faded away as the keys started shaking. Cassandra focused on what a key looked like and what it would feel like when it opened the chest. One key burst out of the pile of keys and directly into Cassandras hand. She opened her eyes slowly as she stumbled backwards. Stiles placed his hands on her waist in order to stabilize her body and making sure she didn't fall. Blood drizzled down her nose and ears but she quickly wiped them away.

"I got it." She mumbles in an excited tone. "I can see that." Stiles replies playfully as he leads her to his car. He pops open the trunk and places the huge chest on the ground. The parking lot was empty and Stiles knew not many people were going to show up at a storage unit. Cassandras hands were shaking as she tried to insert the key into the lock. "With those hands you should be a doctor." Stiles tells her sarcastically as he gently grabs her hand and steadies it. Cassandra feels butterflies in her stomach as she glanced down at Stiles hand on hers. He guided her hand as he helped her unlock the chest. Cassandra quickly opened it revealing a brown beaten up book.

"No.... this can't be it." She mumbled as she picked it out of the chest. She ran her hands through the chest but her fingers were met by nothing. "The book of spells." Stiles mumbles as he reads the title of the book. "Why would she want me to find a stupid spell book?" Cassandra mumbled in disappointment. "Because you're a wizard Harry." Stiles replies sarcastically. Cassandra glares at him causing Stiles to nervously laugh. "Maybe there's something in here that will help you find her." Stiles mumbles as he flips through the pages. Cassandra takes the book out of his hands causing him to glare at her. He watched her flip through the pages as he peered over her shoulder. She noticed a yellow faded sticky note on one page.

"Invisibility spell." She mumbled as she skimmed the page. "Maybe she used that spell." Stiles says softly. The sound of car doors slamming caused Stiles body to flinch. He listened closely as he heard the sound of guns being cocked and running footsteps. "We need to get out of here." Stiles told Cassandra frantically as he grabbed her arm. They both pressed their bodies behind the jeep as they watched feet running past their car. They were directly next to each other causing their arms to be pressed up against each other. "They are going to see us." Stiles whispers to her nervously. Cassandra looked down at the open book in front of her. She took a deep breath as she prepared herself for what she was about to do. She quickly pressed her body against Stiles causing his breath to get caught in his throat.

"What are you...." He began to ask her nervously but she interrupted him. "Invisique." She whispered. Stiles gave her a confused look as the men with guns ran right past them. Cassandra felt her heart beating quickly as her chest was pressed against Stiles. She clung onto his shirt as she focused on staying invisible. Stiles looked at himself in the rear view mirror but his eyes were met with nothing. "You made us invisible." He whispered in disbelief as he looked down at the blonde haired girl. Her eyes met his for a short second before they both quickly looked away. Stiles tried not to focus on the beautiful girl pressed against him as he watched the men with guns. There was about ten of them and they were rummaging through all the keys. The men were all heavily armed with guns and they were wearing black suits.

"Find that girl.... she knows too much we need to get rid of her!" One of the guys screamed at the other guys. "Sir there's a chest there and a car!" A man yelled as he sprinted over to the car. Stiles felt his heart spinning as panic filled his mind. Cassandra clung onto him tighter as blood was dripping down her nose. She didn't know how much longer she could hold the spell. The man rummaged through the chest only to find nothing. "Check the car!" One of the guys ordered him. Stiles watched as he rummaged through his jeep only to find tissues and paper. "Take the chest.... we have another place to search!" The man ordered him.

Stiles felt Cassandra nervously move her body causing him to groan. She placed her hand on his mouth praying the man didn't hear him. Stiles was freaking out and his face was bright red. The man looked up at them but his eyes were met by nothing causing him to quickly look away. Cassandra slightly moved again causing Stiles to groan. She realized her private part was pressed against his and every time she moved her body it would press even harder and harder against him. "Sorry." She whispered as she kept her hand on his mouth. She felt her body getting weak as her hand left Stiles mouth. Stiles placed his hand on her waist as he helped her stand up. He could feel her breathing deeply against his chest. "Just hold the spell for a couple more minutes and then they will be gone." Stiles tells her softly. She weakly nods her head at him. Stiles watches as the cars leave the parking lot leaving them alone. Cassandra dropped the book on the ground as she collapsed in Stiles arms.

"Who were those people?" Stiles asked her in disbelief. "I don't know.... but I think they have something to do with my mom." Cassandra replies weakly. Stiles looks down at the book on the ground. It was the only clue they had to figuring this whole thing out and it was just a stupid book about spells. "Lydia said that wherever the key was going.... death would follow......" Cassandra sputtered out. Stiles wiped the blood off of her face with his sleeve. "It's beacon hills.... what do you expect?" Stiles replies playfully. "This isn't a joke... I can't let you be involved in this." Cassandra whispered to him. "I'm already involved in it and I'm not going to stop helping you." Stiles told her sharply. She sighed as she rested her head on his chest. Stiles didn't say anything to Cassandra but he was scared for her life. Those men wanted her dead and they looked very powerful.

_______________________________
I got second hand embarrassment from this 💀