THIRTY THREE

•Just Friends• Word count 1439

Just Friends
Word count 1439

"You have been here twice within the span of under a week!" Mrs. McCall yelled at Stiles and Scott. "We knew you missed us." Stiles tells her sarcastically. Mrs. McCall shakes her head as she looks over at Cassandra who was currently unconscious in the hospital room. "Cassandra has nearly died twice. You two need to protect her better." Mrs. McCall tells them sharply as she walks out of the room. Scott glances over at Stiles who was nervously biting his nails as he stared at the floor. "Cassandra is fine. Just a little torn up but she's fine. What you need to be worrying about is how you are going to ask her to homecoming!" Scott yells dramatically.

"I already have that all planned out." Stiles replies softly. "Do you really think she will say yes?" Scott asks Stiles playfully. "Yeah. We can go as friends." Stiles mumbles as his voice cracks. Scott laughs as he rolls his eyes. "Why can't you just tell her you love her already?" Scott asks him sharply. "Shhh..... she's sleeping." Stiles mumbles as he gestures to Cassandra. She was currently asleep in the hospital bed. Stiles slowly walked over to her bed and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Stiles." Cassandra whispered. Stiles nearly fell over due to Cassandra scaring him. "You're awake." Stiles mumbles frantically as he stares down at her. Cassandras eyes landed on Stiles hand that was holding her hand causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

"Did you kiss my forehead?" She asked Stiles softly. "What? Me? No. Maybe. It was probably... a fly or something." Stiles mumbles frantically. "Stiles. I liked it." Cassandra reassured him. Cassandra notices Stiles face get red as he awkwardly nods his head. Cassandra tried to move her body but was instantly met by pain causing her to let out a small groan. "Yeah I wouldn't move if I were you." Stiles tells her softly. Cassandra lifts up her shirt causing Stiles eyes to widen as he quickly looked away from her. Cassandra noticed a huge bandage wrapped around her waist. "Who attacked me?" Cassandra asked Scott curiously as she pulled her shirt back down. "We don't know." Scott tells her softly.

Cassandra sighed in frustration as she glanced over at Stiles. He was struggling to drink a juice box as he tried to put the straw into the box. He accidentally missed the straw hole causing the whole entire juice box to spill all over the floor. Cassandra stared at him in disbelief as he nervously cleaned up the mess with his shirt. "Nothing to see here." Stiles mumbles frantically as he stands up. His shirt was now soaked in apple juice causing Cassandra to laugh loudly. She instantly stoped laughing as her stomach erupted in pain. "Don't make me laugh it hurts to laugh." Cassandra warns Stiles. "Nothing about that situation was funny." Stiles tells her sarcastically as he motions to the juice.

The next day at School

"How many times this week have you almost died?" Lydia asked her friend curiously. "And yet I haven't been asked to homecoming once." Cassandra replied playfully. "I've been asked six times but not by anyone who actually matters so they don't really count." Lydia mumbles in a disappointing tone. Cassandra glanced down at her arms that were turning a dark color. She had been wearing the cuffs around her wrist in order to not hurt anyone but her arms were really starting to kill her. Cassandra was about to open her locker when a hand pushed her locker closed. "Me! You! Homecoming!" Jackson yelled at her as he leaned up against her locker. Cassandras eyes widened as she laughed at him. She then glanced over at Lydia who look so sad.

"This has to be some kind of joke. Why would I ever go to homecoming with you?" Cassandra asked him in disbelief. "Because I'm hot." Jackson replied back in a cocky tone. "Get it into your self absorbed head that I don't like you. I never will like you and what a dumb way to ask someone to homecoming. If it wasn't clear I'm rejecting you." Cassandra told him sharply. Jackson angrily pushed his body off of her locker as he glared at you. "Fuck you Cassie." Jackson whispered angrily as he walked away from her. He didn't want to create a scene in the hallway filled with a bunch of people. Cassandra sighed as she opened her locker. Confetti burst out of her locker covering her entire body with colorful confetti. "Who is it from?" Lydia asked Cassandra in an excited tone as she looked inside her locker. Cassandra noticed a huge piece of paper taped to her locker.

"It says take a little stroll outside to your car." Cassandra tells Lydia. Lydia grabbed Cassandras hand and yanked her outside. Cassandra laughed as she walked to her car. Both Lydia and Cassandra gasped as their eyes landed on her car. The entire car was covered in pink sticky notes with the word HOCO spelled out in yellow sticky notes. Cassandra noticed someone standing by the car smiling like an idiot and it was Stiles. "Did you do all of this for me?" Cassandra asked him in disbelief. "No im just standing by your car for no reason." Stiles replies sarcastically. Cassandra laughs as she quickly pulls him into a hug. "Of course I'll go with you." Cassandra tells him in a soft voice. Lydia claps as she squeals in excitement.

"Crap now I need a date." Lydia mumbled frantically. Cassandra pulled away from Stiles embrace as they both awkwardly looked away from each other. "I thought we would have a good time at the dance... as friends of course." Stiles mumbles nervously as he scratches his neck. "Yeah.... of course." Cassandra replies back awkwardly. "How's your stomach feel?" Stiles asked her softly. "Sore but I'm fine. Too bad I won't be able to wear a dress that shows my stomach." Cassandra tells him playfully. Stiles laughs causing Cassandra to smile at how adorable his laugh was. "The school would probably expel you if you wore anything revealing anyways." Stiles tells her playfully. "Have you seen their cheer uniforms?" Cassandra replies in disbelief. "How could I miss them? You wear it every week at my games and I always look at you.... er when you talk to me.... yeah I look at you when you talk to me." Stiles stutters nervously. Cassandra awkwardly nods her head as she looks around for Lydia but she was already gone.

"I guess we should get to class." Stiles mumbles awkwardly as he runs a hand through his hair. The two walked to class together and Cassandra instantly groaned as her eyes landed on Jackson sitting in her spot. His feet were kicked up onto her desk and he had a huge grin stuck on his face. Move." She huffed angrily at him as she smacked his legs off of her desk. "Woah...... calm down Cassie...... you can sit right here." Jackson replied back playfully as he points to his lap. Jackson's friend instantly started laughing causing Cassandra to angrily cross her arms. Stiles sat down on the other side of Jackson as he paid no attention to the other boy. Stiles was innocently getting his books out of his backpack when he felt Cassandra sit down on his lap. "And you just sat on top of me." Stiles mumbles sarcastically as he looks up at the girl in disbelief. Her eyes were glued on Jackson as she glared at him. Stiles laughed as he realized that Cassandra was just trying to piss Jackson off. Jackson tightened his grip on the side of his desk in anger as he stared at Cassandra sitting on Stiles lap.

"There's a chair Uh.......right there." Stiles mumbles sarcastically as he points at the desk behind him. Cassandra ignored him as she opened up one of his books as she felt Jackson's eyes still on her. "What page are we on?" She asks Stiles playfully as she glances over at him. "Uh...... 156." Stiles mumbles nervously as he realizes how close Cassandra was to him. Cassandra felt her face get hot as she realized something underneath her was starting to grow. "Cassandra get off of Stiles lap!" The teacher yelled at her the moment he entered the door. Cassandra sighed as she flipped Jackson off and moved to the seat behind Stiles. Jackson glared at Stiles as Stiles simply shrugged his shoulders.

_____________________________
Yay Stiles asked her 🥳 I wonder what will happen at the dance 👀