033

sitting in the cart next to eren and historia, the three of you felt at unease. eren sat with his hands folded and his elbows resting on his thighs. 

"he looks.. nothing like me," eren sighed. 

"it wouldn't be the first time he's had to dress up as you," you said. thinking back to the stohess district, you did predict that jean would have to dress up as eren again. the thought made you laugh out loud quietly. 

"what are you laughing at?" eren looked confused. 

"nothing, nothing," you said, "it's nothing" 

"if you say so," he said as he reached for your hand, "jean and his damn horse face."

you rolled your eyes, "i feel bad for armin though, i hope nothing bad is happening to him." 

"i think he'll be fine, so long as they don't find out that he's not actually historia," 

"that's not what i mean, some men are.. disgusting towards women." 

eren decided not to prod you for any further answers, only rubbing his thumb soothingly over your hand. 

"do you think this will go well?" eren asked. 

"i hope so, you don't wanna get kidnapped again, right?"

"no," he grimaced, "that was a pain." 

historia stayed silent for the entirety of the conversation, looking out of the small gap between the sheets placed on top of the cart. 

"still, i cant help but get a gut feeling that something wrong is going to happen," you said.

"what do you mean?" 

"don't you think that it's a little... too peaceful." 

"you've lived your life in too much danger, my love," eren sighed, "sometimes it's better to relax." 

"first off, did you just call me love? second off, you're the last person to be saying that mr. 'i wanna kill all of the titans if it's the last thing i do'" 

eren laughed softly, trying not to make too much noise in the cart, "yes i did, and i've realized now there are somethings to look forward to than just killing titans." you rolled your eyes at his comment.

"please consider an occupation in dairy products next time." 

"yes, my love."

bang. the brash noise sounded within the cart and it made the three of you stop any type of movement. eren stopped moving his thumb, only gripping your hand tighter. 

"did you hear that?" eren asked.

both you and historia nodded, "are those?" 

"they're gunshots, they have to be," you said as you started crawling up to the cart driver, along with eren and krista. 

"what's going on?" eren asked. 

"stay inside!" the cart driver called out, only facing forward to whip the horses faster. 

there was another loud bang from behind the cart and within a second later the tarp was ripped off from above the three of you. 

prior to the mission, your father had given you a gun to use in case anything went awry during the mission. he did not answer any questions you asked, like, "i won't have to shoot someone, right?".

he only answered one question, and that was, "how do i use it?" 

you whipped out the gun, almost as if it was second nature and looked up at the sky, seeing two people with what looked like guns and odm gear. your heart hammered in your chest as you aimed the gun at one of them. the trigger felt heavy, the lump of iron feeling so foreign yet so familiar. you pulled on the trigger the moment they pointed their guns at the cart. for a split second, your heart stopped and dropped with the person that fell to the ground. you couldn't tell if you'd injured them or if you'd killed them. 

before you could even react to shoot at the next person, you felt a sharp pain on the side of your neck and out of the corner of your eye, you could see the small red ribbon attached to it. it looked like a tranquilizer, the one that was used for hunting. 

you looked to eren, who looked dazed and tried to grab onto you, but you passed out without a second thought and immediately surrendered to the sweet call of sleep. 

[a/n]: shorter chapter this week sorry! 

do you read any manga? (manwhas and manhuas also apply) if so, which one is your favorite? mine is definitely gunslinger girl or attack on titan <3 

until next time!

yours truly, rosé