035

tw: food; reader does not eat for a full day (bc great-uncle kenny and his goons dont know how to take care of their prisoners)

time seemed to be irrelevant in the small room now. you were certain that a whole day had passed since you were locked up by yourself. no one came in to see you, not even to give you anything to eat and drink. maybe, the treatment for murderers at the capital is much more luxurious than your circumstances now. 

your mouth felt dry and your body felt weaker. the entire day you stayed strapped to the chair. you couldn't feel your arms or legs, they felt numb just as how you felt numb to your surroundings. you couldn't even look outside of the window, which was placed directly behind you and out of sight. 

you tried yelling and screaming a few hours prior, shouting demands of water or something small to eat, but your demands were not made and you eventually gave up. maybe the old man from last night would come visit you. you could probably ask him for something then. 

there was a click. the lock at the door was unlocked and the door creaked open. a woman with a low ponytail came in with a glass of water. 

"drink." the woman said, holding the glass up to your mouth. at first, you moved your head away looking at her with unsure eyes. "it's not poisoned. go on." 

you drank all of the water in the cup without a second thought after that. she stepped outside of the room momentarily, bringing back a small load of bread. she tore the bread into a small piece and held it up in front of you, "eat." you opened your mouth and ate the dry piece of bread, savoring the almost stale taste. anything can taste good if you haven't eaten in a while. 

"why are you doing this?" you asked the woman. 

she scoffed before tearing off another piece of bread for you, "captain's orders." 

"who's the captain?" 

"he came in here yesterday." 

"why is he doing this?" you asked as you chewed on the bread. 

the woman sighed, "I don't know. maybe he has a soft spot for children." you cringed at the statement and the woman stayed quiet. 

so that old man was the mastermind behind the whole capture. you continued to eat the small pieces of bread, until there was none left. the woman brushed the crumbs off of your shirt. it seemed that she also had a soft spot for children as well.  

"we're leaving tonight. you're coming with us." 

your head perked up, "where are we going?" 

"you don't need to know that." 

you pursed your lips, looking away from her, "if you say so." 

the woman left the room, locking the door behind her. not that you were able to leave anyway, but you kept that sentiment to yourself. the small piece of bread did little to curb your appetite, but you figured that you were going home sooner or later. 

staring at the corner of the room, you began to day dream; thinking about your father, how relieved he would be seeing you and would probably put you under constant surveillance for the next day or so. for your "protection" he claimed. you thought about your friends, how you would be able to reunite with them again and hang out in the main living room again. you thought about eren, how he would probably try to sneak you out of your room just so that you both could hang out under the night sky again. 

you could imagine it, him calling you his love again and counting all of the stars at night while holding your hand. him cracking up his cheesy jokes. him playing with the necklace he had given you.