023

long chapter to satisfy you guys for the slight hiatus because school is starting soon and i'll be back on my bullshit of updating every few months :( 

guys just a slight disclaimer but i have no sense of timing of how and when everything took place so please don't nitpick me about it!! i have no actual clue as to how long the operation took place, these are all estimations. now, enjoy. 

---

[78 hours earlier, 6 pm]

"armin you're unusually concentrated today," you propped your head on top of your hand, watching him write out something on a sheet of paper. 

because of your recent injuries, your aunt had declared that you were better off in a lab room, better known as a room furthest away from the training grounds. not surprisingly, armin was usually in this room, constantly writing things out and theorizing plans. 

you helped your aunt with experiments, jotting down even the tiniest of details and usually had to jump in to help moblit contain his superior's excitement. when you were not with her, you were with armin.

"i'm thinking of something" 

"thinking of what?" you asked, carefully picking up the teacup and taking a sip from it. 

"hey do you remember anything from when eren was fighting the female titan?" 

"it's all in bits or pieces. i don't remember a lot though. why?" 

"what do you remember about it?" 

"the female titan had short blond hair, blue eyes, and pretty nice tits." 

"aside from that," he rolled his eyes, "her movements. what did you notice about her movements?"

"uhh.." you struggled to remember the events leading up to your passing out, "she kicks a lot? if she's an intelligent titan the user must be a pretty skilled fighter" 

he looked away from your briefly before turning back to you, "[y/n].. what i tell you right now is simply a hypothesis." 

"go on." 

"i think i know who the female titan is. and i think the person who is the female titan is responsible for the death of the experimental titans too." 

you breath hitched and you leaned closer to him, "who? is it someone we know?" 

"it definitely is.." his voice trailed off, "i don't want to think it's her, but all of the evidence so far points to her.." 

"who is it?" 

annie leonhart. 

"what?" you asked, obviously in shock. this was the same girl who you shared a dorm room with. who you trained with. she was someone that you somewhat got along with. to think that this same person tried to kill you, or had accidentally killed you. 

"hear me out" armin said, "if you think about it, the female titan looks like her. but that's not all, she even fights the way annie does. you know firsthand just how adept she is in hand to hand combat. but even if you take that away, lets say we don't look at the way she looks, when i first encountered her, she lifted my hood up and looked at me. looked at me, [y/n]. and then instead of killing me, she just ran off. and even later on when i was with jean and reiner, she responded to the name 'suicidal maniac'. no one else but the people of the 104 know who it's referring to." 

"that's valid, but how you explain the titans that were under auntie's command? wasn't there a routine equipment testing afterwards? i thought everyone passed."