014

today was the day of the expedition and you were scared out of your mind. the last time you were on an expedition, you watched someone die by a titan for the first time, your father comforting him in his last breath. 

you were told that the 104 graduates would be joining you in the expedition, you hadn't seen them yet. did jean join the military police? was mikasa going to join levi's squad? you had all of these questions with no answer to any of them. 

you sat around in the stables waiting for the rest of the crew to finish bringing together their supplies. you had already prepared in advanced last night, you couldn't sleep out of anticipation. 

"(y/n), where are your supplies?" petra asked. 

"out with my horse right now, i prepared them last night"

"a responsible young lady, just like your father" eld said, slightly smiling. 

the atmosphere was heartwarming, drastically different than what the battlefield would look like. 

"i'm scared for today" you said out loud. 

"don't be" gunther said. 

"we will do our best to protect both you and eren" eld smiled, "that is a promise from all of us" 

"no one in this squad will die, that is the simple fact" gunther said. 

after the rest of the squad had suited up and prepared for the expedition, you had gotten into formation. you and eren were the two in the middle, surrounded by your father, petra, eld, gunter, and oluo. 

"are you ready? its gonna turn into a bloodbath soon" petra asked to you and eren. 

you and eren both looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

"i'm ready"