003

the moment you turned 14 you asked your father to let you join the cadet corps.

"father can i-"

"no."

"father i didn't even ask you for anything yet"

"you're not joining the cadet corps."

conversation in that similar matter happened more than enough times to even keep track. he had grounded you, which was just sending you out to clean around the base, he scolded you, and he lectured you about how you shouldn't be doing things to get you into harm's way.

he especially got paranoid when wall maria was breached and you still wanted to join. but when you got really fed up with it, you came to commander erwin and hanji, aka the two best people in the world when it comes to convincing your father ever.

"aunt hanji!" you said in a sing-song tone as you skipped towards her direction and moblit's.

"helloo (y/n)! wanna come with me and help me capture some titans?" she said with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"maybe not yet, but maybe in the future if you help me convince dad with letting me join the cadet corps"

"do you really mean it?"

"yes, of course i will help you getting a titan, but you'll have to wait until i graduate though."

"sounds like a good plan."

obviously aunt hanji didn't work because as soon as she said the words "cadet corps", he put her in a headlock and kicked her out of his office.

if she didn't work then you had to pull out the big guns, uncle erwin. of course when you asked him if you could join he was on your side, rambling on about how you would provide help to humanity and that your father was just being stubborn.

with aunt hanji and uncle erwin constantly asking him, he finally gave in and let you sign up for the cadet corps.

"cadet what is your name!?" shadis yelled at you.

you saluted him, looked him right in the eyes and said, "(y/n) ackermann sir!"

after orientation was over, you all collected in the mess hall and ate dinner together. you sat alone while sipping tea, watching two boys fight about destroying all of titans. you were on jaeger's side.

you weren't really paying attention to the fight until he mentioned the survey corps. and how he wanted to join that. the other boy managed to gain your disdain for him when he confessed that he wanted to join the military police and be within the confines of the wall. you disliked the military police, they acted too ignorant when most of them had probably never seen a titan before. you thought they were pathetic.

"(y/n), what the fuck" eren said as he was laying on the ground.

"sorry eren" you laughed nervously. you had grown a crush over eren, feeling bad that you had once again beat him in hand to hand combat.

"i'm curious as to how you learned how to fight like that" reiner said behind you, "i think you could go up against annie or mikasa"

"my father and my aunts and uncles taught me how to fight"

"how long have you been learning for?" eren asks.

"since i was about 9, my dad got worried that i wouldn't be able to protect myself."

"makes sense, i can see why your dad would want to look after you" reiner said.

"what do you mean?"

"i don't know to be honest, you give off a very gentle aura."

"is that supposed to be a good thing?"

"maybe, i guess it goes both ways. still makes you badass though"

shadis caught the eyes of the three of you and you proceeded to practice once more before he would make you three run another 100 laps.