034

when you woke up, your body felt trapped, like you were having an out of body experience. your head hung low, feeling heavy and it throbbed as if you'd hit your head hard. you groaned and did not move to lift your head up. wherever you were, it was dark with barely enough light coming from what could've been a window; you couldn't tell and you couldn't care less. 

a few minutes cut by and you realized that you were sitting upright in a chair with your upper body supported by the ropes that wrapped around your torso. your arms were bound behind the chair and it distantly reminded you of when you were captured by reiner and bertholdt not too long ago. though, if you had to choose, getting snatched by the two titan shifters did not seem as scary as the predicament you were in.

did you seriously get kidnapped, again? the thought came to you as if you got kidnapped on a regular basis and it certainly felt like it did. 

"oi, brat," a deep voice sounded, "are you up yet?"

you remained silent, your brain was still too clouded to form any coherent thoughts or sentences. your body couldn't move, only serving to help you breathe. you continued to hang your head low, pretending to ignore the other person. 

"brat," the person's voice sounded closer and you could hear footsteps approach you. you felt an ice cold hand lightly tap your right cheek, "wake up." 

"fuck off..." your voice trailed off and your eyebrows furrowed. 

the hand stopped touching your cheek and for a second you believed that the person would finally leave you alone. there was a brief pause before the person spoke up again. 

"so you are up, tch." 

in a split second, the person grabbed your face and lifted your head up, forcing you to make eye contact. it was an older man. the beard along his jawline seemed thin and there was a hint of crow's feet around his eyes. he had a sinister smile and a hat that laid low on his face, barely covering his eyes. 

"who are you?" he asked. 

"why should i tell you?" the old man's looks and demeanor had completely sobered you up, you were finally cognizant of what was really happening. 

you came to the conclusion that he was working for the military police, though you did not recognize him from any of the military tribunals. only the military police wanted to catch eren and historia, and you were caught in the process. you also came to the conclusion that you would be tortured in one way or another. though, you were never one to back down from a challenge. perhaps due to your stubborn nature, but you knew it would help you out in this situation. 

"ah," he laughed, "playing hard to get huh." 

"my father never raised a little bitch," you spat. 

he stopped grabbing your face, pacing around you. this was probably a common intimidation tactic, but you were not going to break so easily. 

"i really don't want to hurt a pretty little girl like you," the man said, "i am a gentleman." 

you clenched your teeth and narrowed your eyes at the man, "you don't look like one. certainly don't act like one." 

"well, never judge a book by its cover," he laughed and kneeled down in front of you, looking at you dead in the eyes, "you got spunk kid." you didn't answer him, which led him to sigh before standing up again, "you know, you killed one of my men right?" 

that statement certainly got your attention, "what?" 

"oh come on now," he laughed, "you pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger! you're telling me you didn't aim to kill?" 

certainly you aimed to injure, to protect the cart and everyone on it, but even then you could not stop yourself from getting captured by the military police. your heart began to speed up, feeling heavy and nearly dead in your chest. you broke out into a nervous sweat; what would happen to you? what would your father think of you, his daughter getting tried for murder at the capital. 

"everyone's first kill has them feeling like that," the man sighed, "unless you're a fucking psycho," the man rambled on, "you're not a psycho are you? judging by how nervous you seem now, you don't look like you are." the man turned on his heels and started for the door, fishing for the keys in his left pocket.

"wait-" you said, shooting your head up. you wanted to ask the man where you were, maybe even try to estimate how far away from home you were. the man stopped, pausing to look back at you. you shook your head, "never mind." 

he sighed again before putting the keys into the key lock, "fucking children. this is why i didn't raise any." it was the last thing he said before opening the door and leaving you and your guilt alone in the dark. 

[a/n]: second short chapter in a row! finals are finally over so now i am stress writing because i think i did poorly in math </3 

i've been on a HUGE studio ghibli movie binge. if you've ever watched a Studio Ghibli movie, which one's your favorite? my all time favorite is "the wind rises" (but "whisper of the heart" and "princess mononoke" come at a very close second <3)

also please give me studio ghibli movies to watch <33

until next time! 

yours truly, rosé <33