002

"why isn't mother going with us father?" i asked him as i trailed behind him, his hands were still cuffed but i didn't ask why.

my father turned around to look at me and said, "your mother is too ill to go with us, but don't worry, she will be okay." he said with a slight smile.

"you'll have me and uncle furlan, (y/n). we'll protect you" auntie isabel said.

i was relieved, i was slightly afraid of leaving my mother alone.

whenever the three of them were training, i would do an abundant amount of things around the base. since i was still little, everyone fawned over me, regardless of me being the daughter of the person so many secretly hated.

sometimes i would hang out with the horses. at one point someone even taught me how to ride a horse when they were cleaning up the stables.

i used to also hang around the kitchen, and because of this i learned how to cook well enough.

sometimes i would hangout where the people would always be resupplying the equipment and he even taught me how to balance myself on the maneuvering gear belt.

within the year, i learned how to use the maneuvering gear that my dad also used, i learned how to ride a horse, i learned about titans and how to read and write properly, and i learned that i wanted to be in the survey corps, just like my father.

he wouldn't allow it but when i was eligible enough to go into the cadet corps, nothing would stop me then.

my father, uncle, and aunt were getting ready for their first expedition outside of the walls.

"i wish i could go with you guys" i pouted.

"i wish you could too" auntie isabel said. she crouched down to whisper in my ear, "when you get older, i'll take you with me, but don't tell your dad that" she said and winked at me.

"maybe someday you'll be able to venture outside the walls without having to worry about a titan" uncle furlan said.

"i hope a day like that comes"

the three of them assembled their gear readying themselves for the long expedition.

my father came up to me with his gear in hand, and kissed me on the forehead.

"we'll be back soon," he said and patted my head as he left the room.

i gave auntie isabel and uncle furlan and hug and told them to be safe and they smiled and waved back at me.

the three of them left on their horses, leaving me alone for the rest of the day.

it was late at night when the people who left for the expedition came back home. i desperately looked for my father, hoping that he wasn't the ones that had gotten eaten by a titan.

when i found him, he was different.

he seemed colder, i was almost afraid to approach him. i came up to him and as soon as he saw me, his face lit up and he smiled.

he picked me up and hugged me as tight as he could. "hows my little girl doing" he said.

"good, where's auntie and uncle?" i asked.

he froze. i understood what had happened now.

all three of them left and only one returned in one piece. tears began leaking out of my eyes, the two people who had promised to take me out of this now boring base of a home were gone now. and i couldn't stop crying for them.

my father wiped the tears from my eyes, "now, now don't cry" he said, "you'll make them feel bad, you know they always hated it when you cried, right?" he himself was tearing up, but he quickly blinked them away.

"yes, father." i said, before he set me down and walked inside with me.

— levi might be a bit ooc but i made him this way because i feel like he would be a really loving and gentle father and try his very best for his kid