8: REVERIE IS IN DIRE NEED OF HELP

Three years ago, the Ciel Kingdom's Crown Prince saw a girl when he was about to ask the Tree of Magus for his power. By then, he got curious about her so he tried roaming around his city in hopes to find the girl. Of course, he couldn't find her but he found something else that was more important than the girl.

A prophecy.

A prophecy that's been long created years ago but the Nobles have decided to keep it a secret from the people. Since then, he decided to find out the meaning behind it but for three years, he found nothing.

Theodore Lockhart wasn't really expecting that he'd see her in the flesh. He thought he'd only see that annoyingly beautiful girl in her dreams – the one he can manipulate yet he still couldn't understand how he could do that, considering the fact that his power was Ice Magic, not controlling dreams. *Oneirokinesis – ability to control dreams

It only started just recently anyway, when he joined their Kingdom's army. Before joining, he clearly didn't want anything to do with his father's army; he hated the way they did their job. It was only then his decision changed when he heard a little girl caught by one of his Father's guards robbing one of the food stalls in the city. She was screaming the exact same words that the girl said to him before she vanished right in front of his eyes, "Please, stay away."

With those words, he remembered her – the girl behind the tree. He remembered how he was curious about her before and that he wanted to see her again, only because he hasn't seen a girl as naïve as her before.

But then after these meetings with her, the prophecy came to his mind.

A hidden piece shall carry the loathe

When two worlds speak a careless oath

Two worlds could mean the Land of Terrenes and Empyrea. This girl travelled back in time out of nowhere despite being in the other universe. This mere fact could mean a lot. She could be that hidden piece or that one world who speaks a careless oath.

So in order to verify that she's that person from the prophecy, he needed to keep that girl. He needed to make sure she doesn't swear an oath. I need to kill that girl.

These thoughts came altogether in his mind once he finally saw her, but the words that came to his mouth were far from these. "You're here." Prince Theodore said, and the way he said those revealed how he's truly feeling at the moment – surprise.

"Nice to see you again, Prince Theodore." Justin broke the atmosphere set by the prince, who was still stuck on his ground while still pointing his gun at them. "But we have to go now."

Taking advantage of Theodore's trance, Justin held Jade's hand and made themselves invisible again as they ran away.

As Jade brushed past Theodore, he caught a faint smell of coffee and vanilla - a smell he'd for sure wouldn't forget. After all, he hates coffee.

Jade pulled her hand away from Justin once the people around them started moving again. "That was really him, isn't he?"

"Yeah. That's the prince." Justin sighed. 3 years have passed and now he finally saw his best friend again – well, past best friend, he's sure the prince isn't regarding him as his best friend today ever since he left them without any warning. But what could he do that time? He was tasked to go to the Land of Terrenes to check on Jade without anyone knowing – especially anyone from the palace.

"What's he doing here?!" Jade asked. "I really thought he's just from my dream." She raked her fingers through her hair, disbelief written all over her face. "There really is a parallel universe. You're really not kidding, huh?"