31: THE RUNAWAY VALENTINE

"I'M SORRY?!" Lyra Jade yelled at the man.

As soon as her voice echoed, gunshots were fired towards the teens. Theodore was more than ready to create his ice shield while Jinx held Lyra Jade and Agustus' hands to teleport them to a safe distance.

"That man just appeared to me after 19 years and just said 'i'm sorry?!" Lyra Jade continued to lash out, "He imprisoned me!"

"He didn't lock your cell when he left with the Royals that night," Jinx said remembering how he thought it was unfair that Philip left his daughter's cell door unlocked but not his as well (although, he also knew that his own brother does not know that he's his younger brother - Philip may even think that Jinx is dead), "But calm down, Lyra Jade. There are still soldiers out there."

Lyra Jade angrily pulled Jinx's hand away from her mouth. "That man! He's the General, right?!" She watched as Theodore and Philip ran away from the waterfall to lure the soldiers somewhere else.

"I'll go get Light, we'll search for them from above," Gus ran back to the waterfall before anyone could stop him.

"I can't believe he finally showed up," Jinx mumbled, "It wasn't even a grand entrance. Or a peaceful one like what Lockhart and Iris had. He just had to kill someone right in front of his own daughter as his introduction."

"I know, right?!" Lyra Jade agreed, throwing her hands up in frustration. "And you should probably tell him that you are his brother too."

"Of course, I will tell him. He owes me a lot."

She nodded, "He does. He's a General, I'm sure he can give you anything you want."

"Valentines, get up here!" Gus' called from a few feet away.

Light flew up once Gus signaled him that the three of them were already set.

It took them a little over 5 minutes before they found two men sitting down on the ground. When Lyra Jade got down from Light, she immediately ran towards the Prince, who was already lying down on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Theodore," Lyra Jade cupped his cheeks, checking his face just like how the Prince checked on her in her dream. "Are you hurt?"

Theodore shook his head. "Just tired."

Gus and Jinx followed Lyra Jade, leaving the General left alone without anyone checking on him.

"You should really check on the other guy too," Gus told Lyra Jade.

"I'm sorry," Theodore breathed, getting the girl's attention again.

"What? What are you apologizing for?" Lyra Jade asked.

"I killed some soldiers," he said.

The three looked around and saw the fallen soldiers around them. There were at least 5 of them lying down, all bleeding and lifeless.

"It's okay," Lyra Jade hugged him, "You did what was needed."

Jinx and Gus looked sideways, checking for Philip Valentine's reaction. Sure enough, the man was glaring at the Prince.

"Lyra Jade, your father is staring," Gus reminded her once again.

"Let him stare," the girl replied, still hugging the Prince.

"Time is up," Jinx pulled his niece away from the Prince but made sure it was not that harsh. "We should get back to the fairy realm."

"No one is going back to that place," Philip interrupted, "The army already knows about the realm. I am taking my daughter with me." He picked up his gun and stood up.