30: MEET THE PARENTS GONE WRONG

Prince Theodore set out to the Old Forest after dinner. Tomorrow, the King would already be traveling to the Aeryn Kingdom so his goal is to find Lyra Jade and bring her back to the treehouse or even inside his bedchamber once again - although the latter seems risky since his sister already assumed that he was once hiding Lyra Jade in there. His only safe place would be the treehouse at the moment.

Or I could just let Lyra Jade be with the fairies and leave her to their care. That idea itself was the best one he had yet but the thought of leaving Lyra Jade and waiting to meet her again in her sleep just bothers him. Besides, he kind of wanted to see his real mother.

What does she look like? Would she welcome me with open arms? Would I finally feel love from a mother for the first time?

He brought his steed with him, assuming that it would be hard to find the realm of the Faes in the dark alone. Once he was far from where their treehouse was situated, Theodore stopped and checked the environment to see anyone suspicious nearby.

He would not let Princess Ira follow him.

"Lost?" A female voice rang behind him.

Instantly, Theodore's hands emitted ice as he turned around. "You." The woman smiled at him. Tonight, her hair was tied in a bun and her clothes were not dirty anymore. She was glowing. With the change in appearance, Theodore found her quite cute. "Mother's messenger," he called her, "You got out of the cell, as well?"

"Fairies can make humans do our bidding, my Prince," the woman said, "Soon, you will know how to use your abilities. That is if you got all of Iris'."

"Iris..." Prince Theodore said, "My mother?"

She nodded. "Indeed. My name is Lilac, Iris' messenger."

"Can y-" he stopped himself. Should I just believe this woman?

I will lead you to your mother if you want me to.

Prince Theodore slit his eyes. You can read thoughts too?

Why, yes. Fairies have that ability, my Prince.

"Then please, lead me to her," Theodore said. "I have to fetch a friend."

"The Sinclair?" Lilac asked as the Prince rode his horse once again.

"Is that what the fairies call her?"

Lilac shrugged. "I just got out of my prison cell when I heard you were planning to fetch that girl. Sinclair. That is what the fairy queen called her once."

"Well, she is a Sinclair," Theodore confirmed before tapping his horse to walk again. "Yes, I am looking for her."

"Isn't she also a Valentine?" Lilac asked, her body floating as she led the Prince. Theodore could see the floating fairy from his peripheral but he did not let himself get visibly awestruck by the situation.

"She is," he answered, trying to focus on the way.

"But her parents were not married when she was born," Lilac said, "So she could be called whatever House name we want to call her," she giggled, amused that Lyra Jade has two House names to choose from.

"How did you know she's born out of wedlock?"

"Sources, my Prince," Lilac chuckled. "I got it from the girl's uncle. Jinx told me his father went berserk when Philip Valentine got Leila Sinclair pregnant right when she was about to be wed to the Crown Prince. Pretty complicated story right there."

"But that is how I was born too," Theodore said as a matter of factly.

Lilac looked over her shoulder, "Are you finally embracing your mother's side?" When the Prince gave her a blank expression, the woman just giggled and proceeded to continue leading him.