59: THE DAY WILL COME

While the battle between Astra and Jade continued in the Old Forest, Justin brought Jeremiah and Haze back to the Capital.

"You just ruined our plan!" Justin spouted in frustration.

"How did she hear me when I was just whispering to him?" Jeremiah asked no one in particular. "Did she have the same power as mine?"

"No one knows!" Justin replied.

"I know what to do," Haze said, "I know how to help Theo and Jade!"

"How?" the two boys asked in unison.

Haze's eyes twinkled in determination. "My family's power. My memory can record anything I see and hear. I can replay what we saw a while ago!" He turned to his friend. "We need to find my parents."

"How are we supposed to do that?!" asked Jeremiah.

From the Capital, two figures approached them. One was bleeding heavily on the side, while a woman was helping him walk. "What are you kids doing here?" said the man.

"Where is our daughter?" Leila asked.

"She is with the Prince right now," Justin quickly answered. "Astra is with them too-"

"Philip, stay here. I will get our daughter-"

"General!" Haze interrupted as an idea popped in his mind. "Sorry, but have you seen my my parents? We need them."

"Your parents?" Philip looked back to where he and his wife came from. "They are not far from here. Your father fought alongside us along with your friends' parents. He is the one who told me to get out of there with Leila."

Haze almost cried when he heard his parents were fighting but he needed to look strong and confident with his plan, so he held Philip's shoulder. "Thank you, General."

"What are you planning?" Leila asked. "I can still use my powers. Just stay with us."

"I have to get my parents," Haze answered. "My father needs to announce something so they would stop fighting against each other."

"There is no time to waste, Mercer, come on," Jeremiah quickly bowed in front of the older ones before he pushed his friend to walk. "Hastings, are you coming with us?"

"I can bring you and Haze to the Capital to help him find his parents faster," Justin said then looked at Jade's parents. "But I have to help Jade and Theo too. I don't-"

"Go with them," Leila told him. "Philip and I will find our daughter."

Justin bit his lower lip, conflicted. We had a plan, he thought. But Astra already felt his presence, so, basically, their plan isn't successful. He groaned. "Come on, Mercer, Blackburn. We need to tell the townspeople who's the real villain here."

The three boys left the couple, and flew above the Capital to search for his parents. With Justin being invisible, the dragons couldn't see them as well, so flying wasn't that hard for him.

"There!" Haze yelled when he saw his father fighting a Sinclair.

"Isn't that Larcade Sinclair?!" Jeremiah asked, horror etched on his face. "Haze! Do something to help your parents!"

Haze looked up, where a dragon was fighting with another. "Justin, can you carry us a little longer? And make us visible too. I need to talk to a dragon."

"What?" Justin followed his gaze. "Uh, okay, sure. But if I lose strength, I'm dropping Jeremiah first."

"Pardon?!" Jeremiah exclaimed. He looked down, searching for a good landing place. "At least drop me off a roof."