24: LYRA JADE MEETS THE QUEEN

Lyra Jade found herself yet in another unfortunate situation. She was on a cold hard ground when she woke up, her clothes touched with dirt.

As she tried to realize where she was, Lyra Jade stood up and ran to the prison door. Unfortunately for her, the only window of the cell was on the door, and it was too high for her to reach and see what was outside.

"Hello?" Lyra Jade yelled. "Is someone there?" When no one answered her back, she reached for the small opening and managed to take a peek. With the second she had, all she saw was a boy looking outside his cell. "Hey, boy from the other cell! Where are we?"

"In a garden." the boy answered.

"What?" she asked.

"In a prison cell. Where else do you think we are?"

Lyra Jade rolled her eyes. "I was asking for a more general answer but thanks for the reply."

"Who am I even talking to? Why are you so short? What are you? A 13-year-old?"

"Excuse me?!" Lyra Jade reached for the metal bar and pulled herself up. "I am not a 13-year-old," she managed to say before losing the strength to lift herself.

"Looks like it to me."

"You loudmouths!" Another person said, who Lyra Jade thinks was imprisoned next to her cell. "Zip your mouths! I'm trying to sleep here."

The boy across Lyra Jade snorted. "Vampires don't sleep."

"Are you trying to pick a fight with me now?" the said vampire shouted.

"The King and Queen have arrived." General Averell stated as he entered the room.

Lyra Jade and the others stood up from their prison cells, trying to sneak a peek of the Royals who decided to grace them with their presence. Similar to what she did to see who was inside the prison cell in front of her, Lyra Jade pulled herself up using the bar and finally caught a glimpse of the General himself, who was busy talking to the King and Queen. When the Royals turned their heads to her side and she locked eyes with the Queen, Lyra Jade felt weak again, causing her to let go of the bar and drop to the floor on her bottom.

"That jerk," Lyra Jade muttered, "If he's the one who brought me here, then why isn't he with his parents?"

V, you are such a liar.

However, the words that the Future Theodore told her all came back to her again.

If you're so sorry, do as I tell you when you get back. Then I will know who I have to trust.

How can she trust him when all she saw are the opposites of what he said? Theodore said he'd help her find her aunt and the next thing she knew, the Prince was onstage on his way to kill Penelope Valentine right before her eyes. Now, this. Where the hell are you, V?

"The new prisoner is in this cell." A guard said before Lyra Jade's prison cell door opened.

"No one knows her identity, King Theodore." General Averell said, "Corporal Castells and your son brought her to camp, saying that she's working with the other Deserters."

King Theodore Lockhart IV turned to Lyra Jade. Even though her cell was dark, she could see the Royals' faces clear enough.

The King has a perfectly defined face, much like what V has. The only difference was that the King has a scar on his cheek. From fighting, I guess? Nevertheless, even with the scar, he still looked regal and intimidating. The Queen, on the other hand, was beautiful, to say the least.

She's supposed to be my mother? But when Lyra Jade looked at her eyes, she couldn't feel any familiarity from her. Well, I was only with her when I was a baby. Maybe that's why? Or this could be Astra. That's a more believable one.