2

Dinner went as usual: my dad and my grandfather yelling at each other from across the table, my mom telling Killua and me that we should be more like Illumi, while also scolding Illumi for not doing his last mission correctly: just normal family conversations. After dinner, the servants cleaned up the table, and we all went in different directions. I think Illumi got called for a mission and had to take Killua. I don't know where Milluki went. Mom sent Alluka to her room, while she took care of Kalluto. My dad and grandfather went into the study, so it's just me and Chrollo.

"I'll show you to your room and show you around the house." I showed him every single room there is to see. "Well, here's your room. If you need anything, I'm right across the hall." Before I could make it to my room, a soft hand grabbed mine.

"We should get to know each other since I'll be training with you." I didn't know what to say. I really could care less about him, but my father would be disappointed if I didn't make the guest happy.

"Sure. I'll show you my favorite spot." I grabbed his hand and led him outside to my favorite tree. "I usually sit here with Killua." I jumped up onto a limb, watching Chrollo get up with ease. "I'll ask the first question, then."

"I'll answer."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 18, almost 19." Illumi and Chrollo are the same age, so why am I stuck with him? I'm nearly four years younger than him. "Do you hate your family?" I was shocked, not because I didn't have an answer, but because no one really asked about my family. Everyone assumes that assassins want to kill everything and everyone, so they never try to get to know us.

"I don't hate my family. I love them. Sometimes they can be a bit much, but I know that they have my back." He gave me an expressionless face. Did he not like the answer? "Chrollo, why are you here?"

"I'm here to train."

"That's not a good enough answer."

"Well, you can ask a follow-up question after me." I reluctantly nodded my head, waiting for the next question. "What would you do if I killed your family?" I couldn't help but laugh.

"Chrollo, you are one funny guy." I composed myself. "Even if you tried, you could never. I think you are forgetting that we are trained assassins. But seriously, if you lay a hand on my family, I will kill you."

"It was just a questi-" I quickly leaned over and covered his mouth.

"Shh. Someone is here." I heard two people talking below us. I uncovered Chrollo's mouth and jumped down. "I got you, Killua!" I grabbed the toddler and threw him up into the air.

"That's not fair. I wasn't ready."

"Killua, you always have to be ready for the unexpected." I picked Killua up and sat him on my hip. Killua and I watched Illumi and Chrollo talk about guy stuff, I think. "Killua, let's go see what Alluka is up to."

"Okie!" The walk to Alluka's room was kind of peaceful; Killua wouldn't stop tugging at my hair. "We have the same hair color."

"Yes, we do."

"We have the same eye color."

"Yes, we do."

"We have the same mommy and daddy."

"Yes, we do." It was cute the first time, but now, I am fairly annoyed.

"We have the same-" I used my speed to get to Alluka's room. I don't think my brain could handle another one. "You didn't let me finish. We have the same last name."

"Killua. You are my brother. Of course, we have the same last name and family."

"I was just saying. Why are mommy and daddy standing in front of Alluka's door?" I was too busy getting annoyed that I never realized that they were standing there.

"Mom? Why are you standing in front of Alluka's door?"

"Oh, nothing. Alluka did something bad, so this is her punishment." I looked at the monitor screen and saw her chained up with Illumi's needles inside of her; I'm assuming they drenched them in poison before sticking them inside of her. All I could hear were her soft whimpers. In the far left corner, I saw two familiar people: Chrollo and Illumi. Why is he in my sister's room? I watched knives being thrown at her like she was target practice. I covered Killua's eyes; he shouldn't have to see this.

"Mom, what did Alluka do? Why is she Chrollo's target practice?"

"She is not my kid. She is the devil." This is it. I had enough of them. I set Killua down.

"Stay here. Don't follow me." He sat down and played with his toy dinosaur. I pushed past my mom and dad and walked into the room. I stood in front of Alluka, her cheeks stained with tears. I turned my body, so I was facing Chrollo and Illumi. "Illumi, why are you doing this? She is our sister."

"Because I can, and I want to. Now, get out of our way. I'm teaching Chrollo how to through needles and knives, so if you don't want to die, then move."

"No." I used my nen and transformed my aura into the properties of fire.

"Fine. We are done here." He whispered something to Chrollo, and they both walked out of the room.

"Hey, Chrollo." They both stopped in their tracks. "Remember the question you asked me? This is one of the reasons why I hate my family."