18

My mind was everywhere. When I finally showed up to my apartment, Chrollo was already in there, cooking breakfast.

"Chrollo, how did you get in?"

"I broke your window." He kept cooking, like breaking and entering wasn't a thing. I guess this is my new normal. I walked to my room. "Where were you last night?"

"I needed to think."

"Think about what?"

"Stuff."

"Well, hurry up and get ready. We need to talk about the next mission." I nodded and closed my bedroom door. It took me about 20 minutes to get ready.

Chrollo and I began our walk to headquarters. I could sense my brother's aura. I can't think about that right now. I have more important things I need to do.

When we arrived, everyone was already there. "Alright, let's get started." Chrollo took his seat on the ledge, and I followed, sitting next to him.

"We will be going tonight. There's another event tonight. Our goal is to get all of the items. Casualties are okay. The more, the merrier." I couldn't help but scoff. Of course they don't care about casualties. Everyone got up and left, probably getting ready before the event. I got up from my seat, but was pulled down by Chrollo. "I have a question to ask you."

I sat back down. "Yes?"

"Why haven't you killed me yet?"

"What are you talking about?" He was keeping calm but I don't know how long it's going to last.

"Don't play stupid." He pushed me onto the ground, hovering over me. I didn't answer him. If I did, he would kill me. He slammed his fist next to my head. "Tell me, or I won't miss next time."

"I don't want to kill you." His face softened. "There's something about you that I admire."

"What's your mission?"

"I can't say." He slammed his fist, again. "I really can't say, but I won't hurt you." He got up and picked me up off the ground. He slowly brought his lips to mine.

"Sorry to interrupt this lovely scene." I pulled away from Chrollo. Before I could say anything, Chrollo took the words right out of my mouth.

"Hisoka, why are you here?"

"I just wanted to see that beauty right there." This seemed to agitate Chrollo. His grip around my waist tightened.

"She doesn't want to see you."

"I didn't here that come out of her pretty mouth." He really wants to hear my opinion.

"Hisoka, fuck off. Aren't you Illumi's bitch?"

"Eh, something like that."

"Go get ready. We have a mission in a few hours. We need to make sure nothing goes wrong." Chrollo's words didn't faze Hisoka. He was too focused on me.

"Imagine fighting you, chrollo and Illumi. The power that I would feel. I can already feel it." I removed myself from Chrollo's grasp, walking to Hisoka.

"Stop pursing me. You are only attracted to my nen. I also don't date clowns." I looked over at Chrollo. "Let get something to eat."

Chrollo walked over to me, but was stopped by Hisoka.

"One day you will have to choose between her or your troupe. I hope your little crush doesn't make you regret your decision." Chrollo ignored his comment and ripped his arm out of Hisoka's grip.

"I won't have to choose. I won't let that happen."