{Chapter 22}

The next morning I woke up and did my morning routine. We made breakfast and chit-chatted. The previous night I told them the whole back story of me and Caleb and overall my school years.

To say that they got furious aftet listening of the way he treated me, would be an understatement.

"He didn't deserve you in the first place.", Felix commented yesterday.

He of all the boys seemed more angry than anyone else. He was literally fuming with rage.

He was cute to be honest.

"Imma kill him for making you hurt like that.", Minho said as well.

They were super supportive like older brothers.

Except Jeongin.

He's like a younger brother.

___

During breakfast I was messing with my food not having an appetite. I wasn't in a good mood nor was I hungry. I was just poking with the fork the poor fruit salad, thinking about how much I don't want to go to work today. He may be there again...

"What has the fruit salad ever done to you? Show some mercy to the poor fruit."

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Jisung's voice.

I raise my head to look at him with a poker face. To be honest I didn't even hear what he said previously. I was too caught up with my thoughts.

"Well someone's spacing out a lot today.", Hyunjin commented.

Just then all eight heads turned to look at me curiously.

"What's wrong Rosa? Are you not feeling good?", Felix said worried from beside me.

I look down on my food again.
"I don't know. I'm just not in the mood today."

"Period?", Chan blurted out.

Jeongin widened his eyes from Chan's words, as he was too uncomfortable to listen about gynecological issues.

I slightly laughed and shook my head.
"No it's not that."

"Then was is it woman? Tell us!", Jisung raised his voice while whinning.

"To tell you the truth, I don't want to go to work, thinking that Caleb might be there today again. He'll ruin my day.", I sighed bitterly.

They all nodded in understanding after listening to my rant.

"Yeah we can understand that. Why don't you call your boss to tell her that you are not feeling good and you should take a day off?", Seungmin suggested.

"I would, but she would be left alone to run the coffee shop. It's not an easy thing to do and there isn't another waitress to help. Besides, I don't want to lie to her."

They all looked at each other for a moment before sighing.

There's nothing to do.

"Anyways, gotta go now. I'll see you guys later. Don't burn the house down!"

I stood up from the table, grabbed my backpack and my jacket and headed outside after waving to them.

---

During my walk to the coffee shop I was having flashbacks of Caleb and how a jerk he had been to me.

Taking small and slow steps, wanting to savour my free time and hoping that he won't be there today.

"Goodmorning miss Emily.", I greeted the sweet middle aged woman with a forced smile.

I don't want to show her that I'm not in a good mood because she will pity me and let me off for the day. And then I would feel bad for her running the shop all on her own.