【 02 】

*Marinette's Pov*

"Marinette!! Get up. You're going to be late for school!" Tikki said.

"Ahhh I'm going to be late Tikki," I said getting up in a rush.

I must have fallen asleep after drawing. I ran over to my closet and put on one of my dresses from my Ladybug line. I also quickly put my hair in two French braids and ran downstairs.

"Bye Mama, bye Papa! I'm going to be late!" I yelled out to my parents.

"Bye, sweetheart!" My mom said giggling, seeing that I was late once again for school.

I ran over to school as fast as I could. I didn't realize until it was too late that I was about to run into someone.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see where I was going," I said to them while rubbing my forehead so I couldn't see who I ran into just yet.

"It's okay Marinette but we should go inside before we're late," I heard a familiar voice say.

I look up to see Adrien Agreste. Oh my gods.

"Adrien uhh oh um I definitely should go um I mean we both should go inside," I said, feeling my face get warm in embarrassment. I managed to control my stutters around him; I don't normally stutter anymore but sometimes it slips up when I get flustered.

"Let's go inside Mari," Adrien said laughing.

We walked up the stairs and went to class. Mrs. Bustier was still not there yet so I quickly made my way to my desk before she got here. My desk was next to Chloe, who had been my best friend for the past two years. Two years since Lila decided to keep her promise of taking all my friends away, including Alya. Lila had also gotten Sabrina under her spell as well, leaving Chloe to lose her closest friend at the time in the process; after that we both became close. 

When Adrien first told me to take the high road, I ignored him for a few days due to the class starting to pick Lila's side. Once the bullying started, he realized his mistake and came to me to apologize. I, of course, forgave him. He didn't let things get too far with himself like the other students by bullying me.

Chloe waved at me when I sat down next to her. After I put my things down, I turned to Chloe and whispered my surprise to her.

"Guess what Chloe, I won the essay contest for Wayne Enterprises! The class is going to Gotham!"

"Oh my god Mari! Really? Congrats, I knew you would win!" Chloe whispered back excitedly. 

"I know! I just need to tell Mrs. Bustier about it. Mr. Wayne said we would leave in two weeks."

At that point, I saw Adrien and Nino turn around. Adrien smiled at me and I started to get a bit nervous but I smiled back at him.

"We both heard you two whisper dudette; good thing y'all weren't whispering about something else but either way congrats on winning!" Nino said, proudly. 

"Yeah, Marinette, congratulations. I'm hoping my father will let me go," Adrien said, smiling softly

After class, I walked up to Mrs. Bustier, preparing myself to let her know about the Gothmam trip.

"Um Mrs. Bustier, I just wanted to let you know that I won the class trip to Gotham," I told her.

"Oh my Marinette, congratulations! I'll definitely tell the class about it after lunch," she said.

"Thank you. I have already forwarded the email regarding the trip along with the permission slips."

"Alright thank you, I'll get those printed out to pass to the class."

"Thank you again, Mrs. Bustier. Also, would it be possible not to mention my name that it was me winning the contest? I don't want the class to go into chaos about it," I asked hesitantly. 

"Sure thing Marinette."