Chapter 30

"Why are they taking so long?" Aria asked nervously. "I'm looking for them now.", She sighed and grabbed one of the pistols.

"You're not going anywhere, Aria!" Newt stood in the way of the girl.

"Newt. Let me through.", The girl sighed.

"You stay here. They will make it.", Newt said and took the girl in his arms. Sighing, she put her arms around his back and leaned against him.

"I'm scared, Newt," she whispered.

"I know. I know. We all are," he whispered to her and stroked her head.

"No, I'm afraid that if I crank me no one will shoot me. I'm afraid that until I am completely cranked, they will hope for the cure that does not exist. I am afraid to endure the infection. It grows faster and faster inside me.", Aria whispered and sobbed softly into his chest. "Newt.", The girl started and took a step back. "Promise me that if I have the slightest sign of a crank you will shoot me," Aria whispered.

"Aria..." Newt began.

"Promise me," Aria continued.

"Aria, we will..." Newt started again.

"PROMISE ME!" She yelled at him, drawing attention to both of them.

"Aria!" Newt sighed.

"Promise me, Newt.", The girl looked at him desperately and took his hands in hers, "Promise me. You are the only one who knows what hell it is. Promise me."

"I promise.", Said the blond-haired boy and took the girl in his arms. The two stood side by side for a while, closely embraced, until Gally and Thomas rushed in with a hooded figure. Aria looked up and broke the hug. Together with Newt in tow, she ran towards the girl who was tied to a chair by Gally. Aria grabbed the scarf that was put over her head and walked slowly towards Thomas, who had been watching the girl the whole time.

The black-haired girl nervously ran her hair and asked, confused, "Gally?"

"Here's how this is gonna go. Were gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where are Minho and Aris?" Gally asked and grabbed one chair.

"He's good," Aria whispered in Newt's ear, which made him laugh softly.

"You guys don't seriously think...", Teresa began and looked conspicuously often at Thomas.

"Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you.", Gally sat down in front of Teresa. Aria saw Teresa swallow. "Now, we know you have Minho and Aris in the building.", Gally said, "Where?" Aria looked invitingly at Teresa.

"They're with the other's in holding. Sublevel three." Teresa replied quietly.

"How many others?" Asked Aria and walked slowly towards the girl.

"28," sighed Teresa.

Aria looked questioningly at Brenda, who nodded to her friend. "I can make that work," said Brenda.

"No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID.", Teresa shook her head, which made Aria sigh.

"That's why you're gonna come with us.", Thomas interfered.

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right?", Gally started and got up.

"Right!", Aria nodded and looked after her friend.

"Not all of her. We just need her finger.", Gally said and grabbed a knife.

"Good idea. I'll hold her, you'll cut off her finger." Aria nodded and grabbed Teresa's arm. Teresa looked at the girl in horror and fear.

"Aria! Gally! Back off!", Thomas interfered.

"What, are you squeamish, that your little girlfriend gets hurt? I guarantee you, she's done a lot worse to Aris and Minho.", Aria pointed furiously at the black-haired girl.

"That's not the plan! Back off.", Thomas got up and took the knife from Gally.

"It won't make any difference. Do whatever you want to me.", Teresa began.

"Hah! She even agrees. Knife back, Thomas!", Aria held out her hand.

"You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the...", Teresa continued. Aria sighed.

"We know. We're tagged.", Thomas interrupted the girl and knelt in front of her, which made Aria angry. "Property of WICKED! You're gonna help us with that, too!" Said Thomas and held out the knife.

"I still think that's a bad idea. You want to have this girl operated on with a knife on the back of your neck?" Aria shook her head and turned to Frypan, Newt and Gally, who eyed her indecisively.

"We have no other choice.", Frypan began.

"Oh, do whatever you want.", Aria interrupted him and ran past them to Brenda and Jorge.

Brenda looked up with a smile when Aria came to a stop in front of her. "Jealous?" The girl asked Aria.

"No!", Aria exclaimed, "How do you all come to that?"

"You can tell by the way you look at him, hermana." Jorge grinned. Aria rolled her eyes and sat down with a sigh. Sullenly, she watched the others as Teresa was operating on one after the other.

When Newt was being operated on, Aria got up and got one of the WICKED uniforms the group had snatched. Still angry with Teresa, she changed her clothes behind some of the boxes that stood around the church. When she was done she ran back to the others. "Well, I don't want to say anything, but these uniforms are really comfortable.", Aria grinned and turned around on her own axis.

"Fit perfectly.", Frypan laughed at the girl.

"You look sexy." Gally grinned and pulled the girl onto his lap by one hand. Aria laughed at him and shook her head.

"She enjoyed that." Gally nodded to Teresa who was with Thomas.

"You're probably right." Frypan nodded. Aria sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Here. See if these fit.", Newt came around the corner and gave Gally and Frypan one of the uniforms.

"Thanks.", Gally thanked him.

"Thanks, Newt," said Frypan. Sighing, Aria got up from Gally's lap and looked briefly at Teresa and Thomas, noticing how Thomas was looking at her. She smiled slightly at him, which he replied.

The girl went to one of the tables where the guns were and started cleaning them. Aria was cleaning one of the pistols and adding ammunition when she noticed Thomas and Teresa. Slowly she got up when the two stood opposite each other and Teresa Thomas told something. "Hey! Everything okay over here?" She asked when she reached the two of them.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're done.", Thomas answered the girl and disappeared. Aria watched him go, out of the corner of her eye to see Teresa look to one of the knives. Aria sighed and snapped her hand when Teresa tried to take one of the knives.

"Nice try, love.", Aria laughed but immediately became serious again. She took Teresa's shoulder and led her in front of her until Gally took the girl from her and led Teresa away.

***