the plan

Sophie and jay wandered out of the club and strolled over to the black Audi laughing away, little did they realise jay still had his arm wrapped around her shoulder and Sophie had a hold of it.  They both got into the car, "you sure you don't wanna drive?" Jay looked at Sophie.  She laughed, "I would but unless we want to end up around a tree, it's best you drive. These heels are killing me" she smiled and reached down for her feet.  Jay laughed, "good idea" he smiled and put the car into gear.  Sophie pulled out her radio from the glove box, "deals on Sarge" she double confirmed into the radio.  "Good work you two, we'll meet you both back at the district for debriefing" he replied.  "Copy that" she chimed back before turning it off.  Jay smiled and switched off his wire, Sophie did the same. 

                 When they arrived back to the district they got out of the car and wandered into the garage where the unit was waiting for them, Sophie immediately kicked off her painful heels and held them in her hands instead.  The cold concrete felt soothing beneath her feet, "so we've got a time and date, we're just waiting for a location" hank summed up.  They all nodded then left to go clear up, jay and Sophie went back to the locker room, jays locker was on one side of the room and Sophie's was on the opposite so they couldn't see each other getting changed they could only hear each other.  "I think we should get some kind of trophy for the best fake couple" Sophie laughed as she got her shoes back on.  Jay laughed, "yeah me too, maybe we'll get a reward at the end of it" he played along. 

                 Sophie laughed, "you half decent?" Jay spoke from around the corner of the locker.  Sophie smiled, she liked how respectful of her privacy he was, "yeah I'm good" she spoke back.  Jay walked around and sat down on the bench, they both made conversation while they tied their laces and packed up their stuff.  "see you tomorrow Ryan" she smiled as she slung her bag over her shoulder.  Jay walked in the other direction since his car was the other way, "you too pixie" he laughed.  Sophie smiled and got into her car.  She drove home and hung out with her siblings before crashing off into a deep sleep, this playing fake couples with jay really wasn't helping her love for him.  Just as jay sat down on his couch he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to actually date Sophie, he'd like that a lot to be honest.

The next day at work was pretty much just a waiting game, they spent the whole day waiting around for romirez to text them a location.  He finally done so at 6pm.  They were to meet at some parking lot of an abandoned warehouse, typical.  The next two hours dragged in but 8pm eventually arrived.  Sophie went into the locker room to get changed into another dress whereas jay only had to put on his suit which didn't take long.  Jay wandered downstairs to gear up with the guys again, the girls reappeared just like last time a few minutes later.  Jay smiled at her and walked over to the wire room to do the same routine as yesterday, "let's see if he'll drool over you this time huh?" Jay smiled as he hooked the wire through her dress.  Sophie smiled, "god don't even remind me" she scoffed.  Jay laughed and looked at the reading of the necklace, "I don't like the visual, try the bracelet" he unhooked the clasp and placed the necklace on the table as Sophie slipped the chain bracelet on her right wrist.

"this any better?" She questioned as she moved her wrist around to show off the room. Jay nodded and set the laptop down on the table, "yeah that's good" he smiled. Sophie pulled down her dress since it was short and walked back out into the main garage area followed by jay.  "Make the exchange then we'll move in" hank nodded to jay, Sophie nodded too. 

                 Just like yesterday, jay drove since she had heels on

Just like yesterday, jay drove since she had heels on. When they arrived at the location they waited for 10 minutes, "he's late..." Sophie scoffed. Jay smiled at her moody demeanour and laughed, "he'll show up, don't stress" he nodded doubtfully. Sophie sighed, "I'm getting out, you coming?" She looked at him. Jay smiled and nodded before they both opened their car doors and walked to the hood of the car, they sat down on the car and waited a little while longer until a car pulled up. There were two men in the front by neither of them looked like romirez, "show time" jay huffed before the pair stood up.

The two men jumped out and revealed themselves, just like they suspected, it wasn't romirez. "Where is he?" Jay nodded. The men looked at each other, "there's been a change of plan, just come with us if you want the good stuff, or don't it's your choice..." one bodyguard looked pissed off. Jay scoffed, "this wasn't the plan, are you gonna tell me the price has changed too?" He shook his head. Sophie looked at the men unamused. The second bodyguard puffed out his chest, "not at all, we just had to change the location. Are you coming or not?" He sighed. Jay turned his back on them and stood in front of Sophie, "what're we doing? We have to get eyes on the bracelet, the team can follow behind" he whispered to her.

Sophie looked at him hesitantly, "jay, they're not ready to go mobile. Neither are we, we've got nothing, no guns, nothing. It's not safe" she shook her head. Jay shifted his weight to the other foot, "we can't lose eyes on them though, the unit know how to handle this" he reasoned. Sophie thought for a second, "yeah you're right, okay let's go" she whispered back. Jay turned back around to the impatient men, "alright let's do this" he agreed. He walked around to the drivers side of the Audi and grabbed out the money bag before locking the car and wrapping his arm around Sophie and walking over to the men's car.