√chapter eleven

Zainab' POV

"Shaiq, how are you?" I asked with a smile, though my heart was sinking at what would I do if he wouldn't talk to me properly.

He finally gave me full attention and what amazed me more than this is the smile playing on his lips.

"Are you still angry at me?" He asked while walking towards me, with the same charming smile on his face.

I didn't say anything since I was so baffled at the thought of him talking to me like before. He was still the old Shaiq. Has he never changed?

"Are you?" He again questioned.

"Don't worry! Because even if you are, I will make up for everything, and then I know you can't remain angry at me, don't you?" He asserted while crossing his arms on his chest.

I slightly smiled at this as tears of happiness formed in my eyes. I never lost my Shaiq. He had been always the same.

"Shaiq you..." My words died down in my throat when he diverted his gaze from me, shoved his right hand inside his pants pocket, and started searching for something inside. My eyes popped out in strangeness when after a while, he came out with a bright red-wrapped thing.

"It will work, right?" He asked while waving the thing- apparently a chocolate bar in front of my eyes. Had he just brought a bar of chocolate for me?

"Won't it as well?" He beamed after a while as he put the chocolate bar down and hide it behind his back.

He rubbed his forehead and made an expression as though he was thinking something. After some time, he sighed and again looked at me.

"A candy?" He asked while again trying to tug his hand in his pocket.

I was so baffled at that time to speak anything. Why the heck he was offering me chocolates and candies?

"Not this either?" He pouted as he asserted.

"S...Shaiq..."

"Okay now I get it," Shaiq chimed loudly causing me to stop talking.

"Amusement park, right?" He pointed his index finger at me with excitation.

I cringed hard at this. What had gotten into him?

"Okay, I am sorry kiddo! I can't think of any other way. Please, I am sorry."

Kiddo? I stared at his face with mistrust.

"Nothing will work. Because of you, my birthday party got canceled. I am not going to talk to you."

A childish voice came into my ears and this was when I turned my head behind to find Parizay standing just next to me, peeking at Shaiq with her side eyes, even playing with the back of my long Kurti; which obviously got unnoticed by me since I was so indulged in gawking at her uncle. So Shaiq was talking to her all along and here the stupid me thought he meant me.

I turned towards Parizay, bent down a little, and cupped her pink cheeks in my both hands. That was the perfect time to have the lead and start the conversation with him myself even if I had to hide it behind consoling his niece.

"It didn't get canceled, It was just delayed. Now your uncle has come back so we can celebrate it again, right Shaiq?" I peeked at Shaiq for an assertion.

He clearly looked baffled when I suddenly asked him as he drew his attention away from me right after. I didn't know what was for but deep inside my heart was quivering from the fear of him still been angry at me. His strange stare, him just ignoring my presence wasn't giving me good signs.