❣Special Chapter 3❣

Shaiq's POV

I stood by the threshold of the door as my gaze darted to Zainab cradling our son in her arms while sitting on the bed. She was only focused on him, gently rocking him and singing him a lullaby in her most sweetest voice ever. I smiled at this sight. It looked so wholesome to watch.

I entered inside and reached near her. By this time, Ayhan had already slept and now Zainab had laid him down on the bed. She then placed two pillows around him before covering him with a small duvet. I bent over and pushed a wandering strand of her hair behind her ear. Zainab was too engrossed in our son to notice that I was there. She paused and then looked at me. Her lips spread in a delighted smile.

"He slept thankfully," she whispered. "I was trying to make him sleep for so long."

I didn't say anything, just caressed her cheek. Just a while ago, I and Zainab arrived home with Ayhan. As expected, Mom welcomed us with love and support. Just a while ago, even Nofil did a video call to see her nephew. And in all this while, Zainab's attention never went away from our son.

It was some part of the night when I suddenly woke up and changed my side to find Zainab still up. She was staring at a sleeping Ayhan silently. She had laid him on the bed in the space between us. And it indeed felt so wonderful to have this cute addition in our room and life.

"Zainab," I murmured, drawing her interest towards me. "Is everything alright?"

Zainab bit her lower lip but nodded anyway. "It's all just nerves, Shaiq. I still can't believe I am a mother already. I feel like if I take my gaze off him, he will disappear and I will wake up from my dream. Seeing him reminds me of this fact again and again. I...I craved for this feeling so much in those past months that it's looking unbelievable for me now."

I held her hand and kissed it. "He is our son, Zainab. He is forever going to be a part of our life."

"In Sha Allah," she muttered with a teary eye.

I again tried to sleep after making sure Zainab had closed her eyes but I knew very soon, that her happiness wouldn't let her doze off completely and she would again check Ayhan.

                    _________________

Zainab's POV

I couldn't close my eyes last night due to my all my excitement and worry for my little son. Ayhan was visibly very frightened and he only slept in small bits. Or because it was the feel of new surroundings and new embraces. Even Shaiq had to stay awake too for the same reason. But surely we would make him realize soon enough that we were his family and we would love him as no one ever could.

It was some part of the dusk when Ayhan finally slept and I got time to take a small nap as well. When I woke up, it was already sunrise. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Something in my sight made me still amazed.

Shaiq was sitting on the couch; chest bare and Ayhan was cradled in his strong arms, latching eagerly on his bottle. He had his eyes fixed on his small face as Ayhan was swallowing the milk and even making cute, small satisfied sounds. The spectacle of my little baby nestled in the big and the protective embrace of my husband made me teared up.

I left the bed and headed towards them. Shaiq heard my steps and looked up, a warm smile occupied his lips. I returned him the smile.

"Did he cry again?" I asked, patting Ayhan's small head.

Shaiq nodded. "He seemed hungry so I got him his breakfast."

"You should have wake me up," I murmured.