√chapter eighteen

Zainab's POV

A loud smashing sound brought me back to my senses from what I was doing. Or more appropriately; the cheesy wonderland I was in. Everything became hazy in front of my eyes. Shaiq pulled back from me and then disappeared to God knew where.

"The hell is wrong with everything these days?" I heard someone cussed near me.

"Gosh, stop this already. I am busy right now. I will call back once I will get a free time to listen to your blabbering, "the same voice again reverberated; this time I could hear a tinge of annoyance in it.

What was it? Where did Shaiq go? Where was I? Was the earlier one a dream? If it was, then, did my dream get shifted?

With a jerk, I fluttered open my eyes to find a sharp and poking brightness welcoming them. I again shut them at this sudden nuisance before widening them once again. In the front, near the dressing, I could see Shaiq crouched down on the floor, all dressed up in a dark grey three-piece suit. His right side of his head was bending on his same shoulder and with one hand, he was grabbing his phone near his ear. While with the other one, he was doing something on the ground.

"Okay fine, I will do what you will say, you..." He stopped abruptly as his eyes met mine and his jaw dropped. Literally dropped! And it felt like he suddenly forgot how to speak, "we then meet in the office, Mr. Ahmad, " after that he disconnected the call and thrust the phone in his pants pocket.

This was my time to get puzzled. He was talking rudely a while ago but as soon as he noticed me, he turned as ethical as he was talking to his mother. I lifted my head a little to find a broken bottle of perfume on the ground. Its cracked pieces were smashed here and there as the yellow liquid from inside was now all bussing the floor. Shaiq had perhaps made it fall and now he was baffled while rubbing his forehead, while looking at it as to what to do with It. This might have caused my sleep to disturb. I was still pondering upon this when suddenly I remembered something and it caused my cheeks to flush hard as someone had set them on fire.

My stupid dream!

I abruptly touched my lips with my finger.

How could I dream about such a thing? Where my mind had started to wander these days? Since Shaiq came back, I had started functioning weirdly. As if me drooling over his handsomeness in my awakened state wasn't enough, I began dreaming about him as well. That too, such an embarrassing thing. How I would face him after this?

I ran my palm through my face in a hurry to find beads of sweat here and there. Setting everything aside, how come I remember everything so vividly? And how in the world, I saw moonlight in my dream when it was already morning in reality? I could recall every word Shaiq said. It was like he was really sitting beside me. I could still feel his warm touch on my hand and cheek and I was more than sure about this. After he said that he couldn't help but act like this to me, everything became vague; even the kiss as well. What on earth is happening to be these days?

I again glanced at Shaiq who was still trying but failing to collect the broken pieces of the bottle since he was so diligent that these glass chunks wouldn't hurt him. But I couldn't look at him anymore since the feeling of uneasiness hit me. I came out of my thoughts when my phone again vibrated. I yawned lazily while picking it up.

'You know, today I was practicing as to how to confess to my crush but looks like, destiny is not on my side. She came right at that moment and heard everything which I was saying.'

I chuckled out loud at this. Poor Meekal! This guy never failed to make me laugh, just like Shaiq used to do before he wasn't a jerk. Sometimes, I wondered why they were so similar; from the sense of humor to the way of talking to many things, they were alike. Suddenly, I remembered something which caused me to get off the bed like electricity had been indicated in my body. I had an interview and here, I was still laying on my bed, thinking about useless things.