6

Johanna's pov:
I don't know for how long Jane kept on holding me nor how much longer they where going to growl outside. What I do however know for sure is that this makes me feel more and more insecure. Of course Jane holding me and whispering sweet nothings does help my frigid nerves, but I can only think about how my family and my supposed mates hate each other already. When a soft knock was heard on the door I jump slightly in fright of who might be it this time. As the door opens and closes again thought, I relax slightly since I figured it is Alec. Not only because I could smell him, but also because no one else would of been able to enter our safe heaven! My family wouldn't of allowed that since they know how important it is for us to have this for only ourselves.
„How are you feeling baby sister?" he questions me and lays a comforting hand on my back. Since I don't know how to truthfully answer him, I simply shrug my shoulders. The sigh that follows my movement makes me slightly uneasy. It's never a good sign if Alec or Jane are sighing. Especially in situations like this one.
„They are my mates." I whisper quietly as explanation into Janes neck with all the uncertainty I currently feel to hear in each of my words. The hold they both have on me only tightens some more after hearing that information.
„Which one is your mate?" Jane questions me, obviously trying to stay level headed. But if she really thinks I would believe that she was cool, than she is completely mistaken. Still I need to answer her. They need to know, deserve to know!
„I don't know their names." I whimper out.
„The blonde one and the bulkier one." I add after a quick shake of my head. Needing to tell them, maybe they do know their names?
„You mean that the both of them are your mates baby girl?" Jane softly asks. The confusion so clear to hear that I would of laughed if the situation at our hands wouldn't be this serious. A quiet humming was my only reply, still they understood what I meant with that. When they have been staying quiet for nearly five minutes now, I start to shake a bit. Utterly afraid that they might hate me now. I don't want to lose them! I simply can't!!
„Shh, you are fine baby sister. Everything will turn out just fine." Alec shushes me softly and kisses the back of my head a few times, which thankfully helps me to not fully go crazy.
„Why were they all growling out there? Why are they still growling?" I ask my siblings confused and honestly devastated about what is going on out there.
„Did I do something wrong? Do they hate me already?" I follow my questions with my biggest fear as quietly as I can since saying it out loud makes it feel more real which absolutely hurts like hell. I have been hoping to find my mate for as long as dad had told us about soulmates. In my daydreams my mate has always been this lovable guy that loved me with everything within me and which I love just equally as much. And now? Now I found two that seemingly don't even want to meet me or get to know me, forget even love me in the future.
„That's Nonsense Joi! They don't hate you! No one could possibly hate you! You are way to cute and lovable for that." Jane tells me sternly. She always hated it when I talk myself small and down. But I do think that this time it's exactly what is going to happen. With all the worries swimming in my head I must of spaced out again since another, way louder knock than before surprises me yet again.
„You can't go in there!" My brother growls from next to me, towards the still closed door.
„I can feel how frightened and insecure my mate is. So at least just let us talk to her! Let us explain everything to her, please!" an angelic voice says. The voice alone makes my breath hitch and my unbeating heart roar in joy. Confusing me even more than I already am. How can a voice have that big of an affect on me?
„Give us a few more minute." Jane tells the one on the other side of the door after watching my reaction for some time.
„Joi? Do you want to talk with them? If not that's completely fine, and if you do, that's fine as well. It's your decision baby girl." Jane asks me with such understanding and care that my eyes brim with tears for the thousands time today!
„Whatever you might decide on, we will always be there to support you! No matter what!" Alec adds to our sisters statement. How on earth did I even deserve such incredible siblings!?
„I don't know what I want." I whisper feeling ashamed that I am not even able to decide on what would be best to do. I mean I would absolutely love to meet my mates! But what if they really hate me already? I don't think I would be able to survive if they reject me right away!
„They are going to reject me." I say so quietly that I am even perplex that my siblings could hear it. Their gasps Of shock only makes me shrink down a bit more. Feeling as if my whole world is currently imploding! As if everything around me is caving in an burry me under it.
„No one will reject you! Why would you even think they would?" Alec wants to know as he turns me towards him so I have to face him full on.
„I don't know. They were growling at me. They don't want me." I answer in between chokes from crying. His face falls as if his heart just shattered at what he heard me say.
„I am sure they do want you Johanna. I also am positive that they weren't growling at you. They surely were mad at us for taking you away from them." Jane explains to me with the same heartbroken look in her eyes as Alec has.
„How about we send everyone away for the time being. So you can talk with your mates without any onlookers?" Alec softly asks. My eyes surely went as wide as a plate at his suggestion. Is he serious? They would leave me all alone with them? Even though no one of us knows them?
„You are leaving me?" I ask with such hurt that I think I might die. How can they even think of leaving me? I thought we were staying together forever! That's what they have been promising me even before we got turned. Guess they have gotten tired of always protecting me. I can't even be mad at them for that, it definitely is annoying to have someone you have to care for at all times. Especially since I am not a little kid anymore. I should of started to not depend on them that much anymore, maybe than they wouldn't leave me now.
„Johanna! The hell are you saying! The hell are you even thinking!?" Jane wants to know with eyes that could kill for sure. Guess I did say that all our loud.... Awesome! Now I definitely have gotten her even madder at me!
„Listen to me! And listen closely because I won't tolerate you thinking like that about yourself ever again!" she says rather fiercely and holds my head tightly in between her hands to give me no room for turning my face away from her.
„We Love you! We love you more than we can even say since there are no words for how much we love you!" she goes on, a tiny bit calmer, yet still pretty stern.
„Nothing will ever make us leave you! You are our baby sister that means the utter world to us! You hear me!?" nodding my head seems to be the right thing to do since she smiles softly back at me.
„Please start to see yourself as the precious woman that we see in you! You are worth so incredibly much, yet you always belittle yourself. That needs to stop! You can't let those assholes from our old village win! Nothing they have ever told you was the truth! They only were jealous of you and that's why they treated you like crab. It had nothing to do with you! So start to be proud of yourself! Believe in yourself the way we do!" her earlier fierceness now completely gone, changed into a nearly begging tone. Her eyes also shine with unsheathed tears, Alec not looking any different than her as he holds my hand in his tightly.
„We of course understand that it's hard with everything you have been put through. But maybe that's the reason you got two mates? Maybe whoever knew that you need some extra love to finally blossom again." he goes on instead of Jane now.
„Maybe They will reject you, but the chances are nearly cero! I have seen them watching you with such love and adoration in their eyes. so I am sure that the chances are extremely high that they will do their very best to make you fall in love with them too. I am positive that they would love to get to know you, talk to you and make you feel loved and cherished every second of the day." his words make me smile slightly. That's exactly what I have been hoping for. Maybe! Just maybe, I do end up lucky and they will love me? My siblings are right. I need to start to believe in myself more and I also need to give my mates a fair chance to at least talk to me. Otherwise I won't even have the slightest chance to get happy with them.
„Let's go outside, send everyone away except your mates and than you guys can talk properly with each other." he goes on and makes me slightly more antsy again.
„Shh, no need to get worked up again. We will stay by your side. You wont have to do this on your own." Jane promises. That statement alone makes me appreciate the two of them so unbelievable much, I can't even put it in words! They truly are the best. I can't say that often enough.
„Can I stay here as you send them away please?" I ask a bit unsure what they might think about my question.
„It's just that I am afraid that I will freak out again if they will all stare at me, which they surely will do!" I add in explanation to which they simply nod at.
„Of course baby sister. Are you ready now?" Alec says softly while pulling me into a tight hug that Jane joins within a second or two.
„No matter what, you will always be our little sister that we love dearly." she says and kisses both my cheeks lovingly. I am sure if I would be human I would be blushing crimson red and my eyes would be absolutely swollen red from all the crying I have been doing in the last hour or so.
„Ok. I think I am ready." I whisper still not a hundred percent sure, but determined to do this! To at least try to grasp my own happiness with my mates! This is my moment where I need to grab my future once and for all!
„I love you two as well." I softly say just as they went to grab the door handle. Before I could realize what is going on, they both hug me once more and kiss my forehead softly. They look at me once again to make sure that I really am ready to meet my mates now. So after taking another deep breath I nod my head in agreement. I can do this! I have to!