11

Jaspers pov:
The time we were able to spend with our amazing mate went by way too fast and that sadly leads us to now. Where it's finally time to leave to help our family back in Forks. My sweetheart is already standing with tears in her normally cheerful ones in front of Emmet and I. Breaking our heart, there is no other way to describe our feelings at the moment! Devastated, just like my brother and I are that we now have to run back home to help our family fight off the newborn army. Alone the knowledge that because of Viktorias need to avenge her stupid mates death, is the reason we need to leave our darling mate now, makes me absolutely furious at her audacity! How dare that useless woman! Especially since my dear mate is so devastated about us leaving her so short after meeting her.
„Princess please don't be so sad. We will come running right back to you the second the threat is dealt with. I promise princess!" Emmet says lovingly and caresses the soft cheek from our sweet mate that nuzzles into the touch like a cute little kitten. She really is the most precious being I ever laid eyes on and she is all mine. Mine to love, mine to care for and mine to protect till death. Ok, not just only mine since Emmet is her mate as well, but that's fine with me. That only means she is even more protected and My sweetheart deserves absolutely everything, so it's only logical that she was destined to have two mates. That way she has double the love and protection.
„You Could get hurt." she whimpers out so heartbroken that it hurts absolutely everyone around this cutie. Jane and Alec also watch their sad sister with worried eyes. I do have to say that at first I was slightly jealous of how close the three of them are, but after watching them interact with each other throughout the day and night, I am simply happy that my princess has been loved so much throughout her life. It's clear to see that she is their little baby and how much she means to them. And my sweetheart cares and loves her siblings just as much. It really is amazing to see them interact with each other. They really remember me of how Alice and I interact with each other. A clear sibling relationship that means the world to them. No matter what others may say!
„Jasy? Do you really have to go too?" my sweetheart asks me brokenly. The knowledge alone that I will have to hurt her with my reply makes me feel like a complete asshole. Sighing heavily with that realization, seems to be answer enough for her since her lips start to wobble right away. So without much thought, I quickly pull her flush against my chest and hug her as tightly as I possibly can without hurting her. The whimper that escapes her makes my heart sink even more. It pains so much to not be able to give her absolutely everything her heart desires. Her siblings also only watch us with sad frowns, they after all know that we have no choice but to leave their home as well as our mate. We could take her with us, but neither of us would allow that to happen! Only over my dead body! She after all could get hurt or even worse killed! My heart arches with that thought alone! No! That is definitely not going to happen. Not ever! It will hurt all three of us to leave her behind with her family, but at least she will be safe that way. And when the fight is over, we will hurry back to her and never let her out of our eyesight ever again.
„We are so very sorry Sweetheart!" I softly whisper against her head. The sweet little thing has cuddled herself completely against me so nothing could possibly fit in between us which I absolutely love. It feels incredible to have my mate this close to me as well as the knowledge that she feels so much more comfortable around us compared to yesterday. Amazing what a few more hours of talking and getting to know one another some more does to mates. It felt like I own the world when she for the very first time hugged Emmet and I. That small little hug meant so incredibly much to me since it showed me how much she trusts us already. Even her siblings had been smiling at us proudly and showed us their thumbs up. Letting us know that they approve of it as well as how proud they are of their little sister.
„You will see sweetheart, we will be back even before you can miss us. I am sure that your siblings as well as your dad will be happy to spend some quality time with you without us around intruding." I softly explain in hope to cheer my sweet mate up again. I did already try to send her some happiness as well as calmness but it's like her body doesn't accept it at the moment. That at least is the only theory I could come up with, after all it has worked yesterday without any problem.
„And don't forget that you even promised your dad that you guys will have a family day." I add and that's when I feel her tiny body relax slightly against me. That makes me smile, happy that I accomplished something! I after all was at least able to help her cheer up again with my words even thought my gift isn't working.
„When Do you think you guys will be coming back again?" my darling question me softly and looks at me from under her eyelashes, making her look even cuter and more angelic than she looks anyway.
„We don't know Princess. It depends on when exactly Viktoria with her newborns will arrive and how long the fight might take." Emmet answers her instead of myself. The word fight makes my sweet darling flinch inwardly and cuddle back tighter into my chest once again. Emmet, who has seen her reaction just like her siblings frowns with guilty eyes. Obviously hating to be the one making her feel worse again so shortly after she started to get more relaxed.
„I am sorry princess, I should of voiced it differently. It never was my intention to scare you even more than you already are for us." he apologizes and lays his hand on top of her shoulder in a comforting manner. Cute as our mate is, she quickly turns around and hugs herself into him just as tightly as she has against me. Showing my dear brother that she isn't mad at him at all. I mean, why should she to be honest? He simply stated the truth and there also is no way of voicing this any differently. Or make it sound less dangerous. It's not as if she didn't know what is coming our way back in Forks. That after all was the very reason we got here for, to ask the Volturi Kings for their help.
That also is the reason why I can't even be too mad at what is going to happen, since otherwise I might not have met my sweetheart! And that thought isn't a good one! Not at all!