14

Emmets pov:
The fight was harder and more brutal than we thought. Seems as if Viktoria turned way more humans into vampires than we anticipated. Still, thanks to the help from the Volturi's that send 50! Guards to help us, we were able to fight them off without too much trouble. Just as we thought that we finally finished off the last one of those nasty newborns, I see nearly out of my eyesight another one getting ready to pounce onto Demetri that has turned around to look for his mate. As I see the newborn jump at him, I quickly throw myself between them. Too late I realize that by doing that I am now the new target. His arms right away wrap around me and crush my chest with a wide smile plastered on his face. Demetri Who still was the closest to me quickly behead him with one quick move before he throws his head into the near fire pit. My body in the mean time collapsed on the ground as I keep on wheezing painfully. That dirty thing really got me good.
„Emmet? Emmet hold on, we will help you." Demetri says seconds before my family circles around me with panicked faces. Carlisle, the true doctor that he is carefully lifts my shirt, to not hurt me even more, as well as to look at the damage made to my chest. The shocked indrawn breaths and gasps around us let me know that it seemingly looks as bad as it feels.
„Edward? Go and get some blood bags!" Carlisle instructs with a pained voice. Yet he sounds professional like always when he is faced with any injuries.
„And hurry!" he shouts after his and Alice retrieving forms.
„You shouldn't of jumped in between him and i." Demetri softly says guiltily. Felix however only looks immensely relieved and thankful that I saved his mate by doing that. I try to answer him, tell him that my sweet princess would of been extremely devastated if she would of lost him, but the pain doesn't allow any words to come out of my mouth except the painful wheezes and whines whenever I move slightly.
„That's everything we had at home. If you need more I quickly run to the hospital." Alice says after she along with Edward got back with their arms full with blood bags.
„Drink up Emmet." Carlisle Simply states and holds the first back to my lips. Quickly I bite into it to hurriedly swallow each and every drop within it. And after we repeated that a few more times, the pain slowly starts to subside. At least enough to allow me to sit up again, and after three more bags, I am back to feeling fine again.
„Let me see if you are completely healed up already." Carlisle instructs me, so like the good son I am, I do as he asked of me. His worried frown thankfully changes into a satisfied smile after seeing every crack healed up again.
„Thank god! I was worried sick!" Jasper whispers and hugs me tightly. Seemingly really relieved that I am back in one piece again.
„You need to be more careful Emmet! What should I Of told our mate if you would of died!?" he asks me accusingly and my breathing right away stops at this. Only now do I realize the full effect this could of had on my sweet princess! I could of lost her even before I got the chance to get to know her better!
„Talking about your guys mate." Felix says with a panicked look in his eyes as Demetri holds onto him for dear life.
„What? What is with our mate?" I ask in alarm. Seeing them as well as every other guard from the coven look so on edge makes me feel antsy. This surely can't be good at all!
„Caius called stating that she collapsed in immense pain. Alec is currently sedating her with his gift since they couldn't look on how she was kept on screaming in so much pain." Felix explains with so much worry that it is clear for all of us to see how much my mate means to him as well as to the others. Maybe I should be jealous about that, but I can only feel relieved that she has so many friends and people around her that care for her like that.
„We need to run there right away." I state matter of factly. Shocking everyone around me.
„Emmet, I know that you want to be there for your mate, but you just got injured rather badly. Maybe you should wait a bit longer!" Rosalie says with uncertainty. Of course understanding my need to go to my mate in her time of need, but she also is worried for my wellbeing. which I appreciate but the wellbeing of my mate is way more important than mine!
„I can carry him. That way he doesn't need to overwork himself." Jasper quickly interrupts any further well meant advice towards me.
„Are you sure you are strong enough for that Jasper? You just ran back from Volterra and now fought for a few hours against the newborns yourself." Esme softly asks in her usual motherly worry. She of course is right with her worry, but I know how stubborn my dear brother is, way better than anyone else. So I am really sure he will do it anyway and no matter what our family may say.
„I am fine. No need to worry." he simply reply's and I can hear a few relieved sighs coming from the Volturi's standing on my other side. Obviously hoping to run back along with us right away in hope to help my dear princess.
„If he should struggle I can help too." Demetri reassures my family as well. He like Felix seem to be as on edge as Jasper and I are. No wonder our sweet mate refers to them as her brothers as well.
„Ok, then let's get going." Jasper says after clapping his hands once.
„We will pack a few of your belongings and get them to you in the near future." Carlisle says after a heavy sigh.
„Just be careful and don't overwork yourself." he adds with a soft smile. Guess he does in fact understand our need to go to our mate right now.
„Thank you Carlisle." I along with Jasper say thankfully, to which he simply nods.
„Make sure your mate feels better." Alice softly tells Jasper with a soft yet slightly sad look in her eyes. Those two always were inseparable, so this must be pretty hard on them.
„I will. You be careful too, and don't forget to call me if anything should happen. I love you little sister." Jasper answers just as softly. After he kisses her forehead lovingly, he steps away from her and turns towards me.
„Come here and then lets run to our sweet mate." he tells me and quickly picks me up bridal style much to my annoyance I might add. Well, maybe I will be able to talk him into letting me run when we are further away from our family.
„Don't even think about it Emmet!" Edward states with a scowl.
„We nearly lost you! Just like you mate would have! So don't be stupid and let your brother carry you." he instructs me sternly. That info also makes the rest of our family scowl at me for even thinking of not doing just that. So without much thought, i lift my hands up as a sign of giving up.
„I promise I will let him carry me. Happy!?" I promise still pretty unhappy about it. Still if this is the only way of being allowed to go to my mate then so be it. The wide smirk from Edward only makes me glare at him. Asshole! Without him it would of worked for sure and he knows that too by his mischievous look in his eyes.
„Ok, Let's Go." Demetri states after one more nod in faraway to my family. Jasper and I once more say our goodbyes to them and wave before we start our journey back to Volterra. Please hold on tightly princess, we are already on our way to you!