12

Johanna's pov:
Right after my mates have left to go and fight off an army of newborns, my siblings quickly engulf me in a tight hug. Seemingly understanding that I need them right now.
„It's ok baby sister. You will see they will be back in no Time!" Alec encouragingly tells me. Still my worry gets more and more. No one after all knows exactly how many newborns they will have to fight off! What if there are too many of them? What if they will get hurt? Or even worse! What if I am going to loose one or even both of my mates so shortly after meeting them!?
„Joi, Alec is right. They will be fine. Dad send enough help along with them yesterday. You will see, everything will turn out completely fine!" Janie tells me after taking my head in between her arms to make me look her straight in the eyes. The sureness in her voice does calm me, at least a tiny bit. Still, I am rather sure that my worry won't stop until I have my mates back within arms reach. Since I however don't want my family to worry for me as well, I try to force a smile on my lips to at least seem calm even if I certainly am not.
„There you are my loves!" dads voice booms through the entry hall. When he sees my siblings worried and my hopefully calm face, his smile turns into a frown within a second.
„What's the matter my loves? And what's with that grimace bambini?" he asks us worried for our wellbeing. Hearing his last sentence ruins my hope of at least looking calm.
„Our sweet baby sister is really worried for her mates life's. She is really afraid of loosing them so shortly after meeting them." Alec explains to which my lip right away starts to wobble again. Completely terrified that something like that might truly happen! And if it does, I honestly have no idea if I will be able to survive that.
„Bambini, please don't worry your sweet head so much. Your uncles and I send more than enough help along with Edward and Carlisle yesterday already. We after all won't allow anything to happen to your mates since that would hurt you too and that's simply unacceptable!" Dad softly states in seriousness, making me feel extremely relieved that they truly made sure to send more than enough help with them.
„Thank you daddy. Still i can't help myself but worry nonetheless." I thank my amazing dad that always was there for my siblings and I. No matter what we might needed or wanted or even feared, he always made sure to be our hero. His eyes shine brightly as he heard me call him daddy again. We all called him that shortly after he found and adopted us, but over the years we changed it to dad. Seeing his wide smile thought makes me kick myself for it. Guess he thought we changed his name since we didn't care that much anymore, which is definitely not true! It only is shorter and doesn't make us look so young anymore.
„I love you so much bambini!" he says softly and pulls me into a tight hug.
„Come here you two! I love you all so incredibly much my loves!" he adds to my siblings who also quickly join our hug just as happy as I am.
„We Love you too Daddy." We answer him simultaneously which makes him squeeze us even tighter into himself. He truly is a sweet man that cares so much more about everyone than anybody ever thinks possible. Dad really doesn't deserve the bad reputation that everyone seems to have about him. And even thought he acts as if he doesn't care, I know that he does! It surely hurts him as well!
„Why don't we go somewhere more private my loves?" he asks us softly after a few other guards and lower members of our coven walked by us with curious eyes. So with that in mind we all nod our heads in agreement. Dad softly stirs us towards the small library around the corner from where we currently are standing, to give us some more privacy. No one of us really enjoyed showing our feelings openly around anyone apart from our family as well as our close friends that we also deem our extended family.
„How about we finally have our family day after we got interrupted yesterday? Or do you guys have anything else planned for the day already?" dad asks us hopefully yet slightly hesitant that we perhaps truly have something else planned already. Which we don't!
„Nope! Nothing planned at all dad. We also thought about going to look for you and ask you the same question. We certainly do enjoy our family time as well, so we definitely want to take up that opportunity right now!" Janie answers and gets a huge smile in reply from dad.
„Awesome! Than Let's sit down and talk. It has definitely been way too long since we spend some quality time together!" he says excitedly. His as well as my siblings joy also seems to do the trick in leading my focus on the here and now as well as away from my worry about my mates safety. Even my mates have told me before leaving to enjoy some time with my family, so that's what I am going to do. After all dad is right, it has been way too long since we truly sat down and talked about everything on our mind. Maybe this also will help me forget to worry that much about my mates. Dad promised that there is more than enough help there, so I do trust him that it's the truth.
„Why don't we start with the most recent point?" Alec asks with mischievous eyes as he looks at me. His eyebrows wiggling in excitement to hear some more details about how my mates and I are doing and how I feel about finally finding them. Dad and Janie simply laugh softly while I sigh slightly embarrassed. Still I do love to see them all so relaxed and happy, so even if they do embarrass me a bit, I don't care that much about it.
„Well, what would you guys like to know?" I ask in reply and see them all looking stunned at me before we all burst out with chuckles and giggles. Yeah, that's exactly what I needed right about now! Spending time with my family always feels the best! Even if I do have to admit that spending time with my mates also is absolutely amazing and a very close second!
„To be honest, I would like to know absolutely everything!" dad says with honest eyes and open interest. Taking a deep breath to get my mind running fully again on how to start with telling dad everything.
„Ok, so you know that Emmet and Jasper are my mates. They really are very sweet and caring. Jasper has felt my panic back in the beginning by our hideout in the garden. So he even talked to me through the door to help me calm down again. That was really nice of him." I start and see all three of them nodding along with me, they each have a wide smile plastered on their lips which also makes me smile some more.
„Emmet also made sure that I felt alright from the very get go. He is a bit less level headed but really sweet nonetheless. Whenever he holds me in his ginormous arms I feel completely safe. I honestly don't know how to explain to you guys how they make me feel. It's just that I feel more calm and definitely more confident than ever before. Of course except when I am with the three of you!" I go on while wringing my hands with each other since I am uncertain if that's enough information or not. And if not, than what else should I be telling them?
„That's really good to hear bambini. It after all is exactly how you should feel around your mates. Safe, taken care of and loved. Which I am sure you do too." dad who obviously saw me struggling to go on steps in. Nodding my head at him in affirmation makes him smile softly towards me.
„That's really good bambini. I am really happy that you have found your other halves. Hopefully we do find your siblings some too." Dad states and adds cheekily with a wink.
And that's exactly how the day goes on. Talking about everything that pops into our brains and lots of laughter. Just like every family date has been between us and also how it should be! At least in my perspective!