15

Alec's pov:
I can feel myself getting weaker and weaker the longer I keep on using my gift on my sweet baby sister. Still I was very adamant on keeping this going for as long as i have to! This is my little sister that I love to pieces and I will be damned if I don't do absolutely everything in my power to hold off the pain she otherwise would be in for as long as I can.
„Felix just texted me. He said they heard our message and are already on their way back to Volterra along with Johanna's mates." Caius softly reads aloud after his phone dinged loudly in the otherwise completely quiet room. Heidi Who has been with us shortly after our uncles arrived, sighs heavily. Hoping just like we all are that our dear sister will be fine the moment her mates are by her side again.
„Apparently Emmet saved Demetri's life by jumping in between him and a newborn. Thankfully they had finished off everyone else at that time so they quickly were able to tend to him. Gave him blood bags to drink and got him all healed up again." he further on reads. The info alone that they were able to help him right away sooths my worry for my sisters sake. Now that we know that both of her mates are not only fine again but also on their way back to my baby sister makes me breath easier. It after all means my sister won't go insane because she lost one of her mates. What did however surprise us all is that Emmet would get himself in danger to safe Demetri. Someone he doesn't know that well and also isn't a part of his coven. Slowly it however downed on me. He did that for his mate, after all he saw how they interacted with each other! Johanna even told them how Demi and Felix are like her brothers as well. Guess I do have to thank him for doing that, even thought bringing himself in such a dangerous position wasn't wise at all. Feeling sweat starting to form on my forehead makes me slightly uneasy. Vampires usually aren't able to sweet or anything along those lines. So what is going on?
„Alec? Son, are you feeling alright?" dad questions me worriedly as he sees the state I am in at the moment.
„Yeah, I am just exhausted but that's fine. They are already on their way anyway." i answer. Shocking myself at my own weak tone I was talking in.
„Alec, if it is too much just stop it. Like you said yourself, they are already on their way." Jane says worried for me now too. She shouldn't worry about me thought! They all shouldn't! Johanna is in a way more fragile state than I am for sure!
„Like I said. I am fine." I repeat myself while they keep on looking at me with unsureness what they should do.
„Son, I understand your need to do this for our bambini, but you need to think at yourself as well. Johanna as well as us need you for the long haul. So please don't overwork yourself." Dad tries to reason with me but I already made up my mind and I definitely won't stop until her mates are here! After all I won't allow my baby sister to feel anymore pain as she had already! Who cares how much this weakens me or what will happen to me! My baby sister is way more important than I will ever be. I always said I would happily die if it makes sure that she will stay alive and save! So no matter what they will tell me I won't stop! I simply can't!
„Alec. You know my little one wouldn't allow you to overwork yourself like that. So please stop!" Caius says since dad and Jane simply keep on eyeing me worriedly. As a small wave of nauseas overcomes me, I slowly take a seat next to my baby sister. That way I won't need to stand any longer which should help me safe a bit more energy that I could use on her.
„Alec please! I am begging you!" Jane says tearily and while that usually be the one thing that would make me do whatever she wants from me, right now it's not.
„I can't! I can't stop!" I answer her strained. Seeing the realization suddenly forming on her face, I know that at least she understands my need to keep on doing this. So instead of saying anything more, she simply took a seat next to me and takes my hand in hers that isn't using my gift right about now.
„Ok." she whispers softly and squeezes my hand in reassurance that she will stay by my side no matter what.
Not that much later we all can hear a sudden commotion coming from outside. It also seems to keep coming closer towards us rather quickly. When the door gets thrown open, we all look up to find our sisters mates along with our friends and other guards from us. Thankful as well as finally completely trained from using my gift for that long, I let my hand fall limply on my lap before my eyes roll back into my head. Guess I truly overdid it this time. Still it was more than worth it in my books. My baby sister is worth absolutely everything!

Janes pov:
Seconds after our baby sisters mates got to us my dear brother collapses and nearly face planted on the ground if dad and i wouldn't of catched him in time. Softly dad picks Alec up and cradles him against his chest as if he was still a baby. His eyes full with tears as he looks at his only son so weak laying against himself.
„What happened?" Demi asks and walks closer to look in between Alec and a still unconscious Joi. Shouldn't she be awake again? Alec isn't using his gift on her any longer. So what's the matter. Just as I think that thought, I hear a small whine coming from the couch where my sister is still laying on.
„It's ok princess. You are safe. Everything is perfectly fine." Emmet softly whispers as he takes her hand in his. Jasper quickly following his brother move. I on the other hand can't decide on how to feel. On one side I am completely devastated for my brother yet I am grateful that my sweet sister starts to wake up again.
„Alec." Said sister suddenly mutters out with her eyes still closed. Confused but also very curious dad and I walk closer towards Johanna. When dad kneels down next to the couch and her tiny hand touches Alec's body, a very bright pink light suddenly shoots out of her hand and surrounds Alec's body completely. Everyone within the room looks on completely transmitted with it, no one ever saw something like that ever before. At least as far as I know!
Slowly the light dimms down until there is nearly none to see any longer, which slowly wanders back into Joi's body before it completely vanishes again as if nothing was there. Alec's eyes right away open back up and he looks as good as new. No more sign of the exhaustion that has been there not too long ago. Dad, who still holds him tightly against himself simply cuddles him in relief.
„Want a hug too." Joi whines lowly as she sees those two cuddling. So without any hesitation dad pulls her along with me into his chest as well.
„Don't ever frighten me like that ever again!" he scolds while pulling us even closer against his chest. The low purring coming from his chest is so unbelievable calming that I can't even describe how good it feels.
„Sorry Daddy." We say at once which makes dad give us each a kiss on the forehead after sighing heavily.
„Go on Bambini, i am sure your mates want to hug you too." he says after a few more minutes of simply cuddling us. Before our sweet sister leaves to do so thought, she kisses each of our cheeks lovingly. Her wide smile infectious like always! Guess you really can say that she is our own little ray of sunshine!