Whispering Shadows - 48Yrs BTA

VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHRONICLE BELOW!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cry of frustrating echoed through the forest, causing several birds to lift into the air in a panic. The sound of tearing wood and shuffling trees quickly followed, accompanied by snarls and growls as several unfortunate trees became the target of a raging dragon. Claws slashed through bark, a tail broke down several branches, wings buffeted the ground. Light creamy blue scales flashed under the gleaming light of the full moon as the dragon in question twisted around and slashed her claws through another trunk, before stepping back, huffing with exhausted anger.

The dragoness slowly sat down on her haunches, her long, elegant wings held loosely at her side as she panted for breath in the midst of her raging destruction. There were several trees that had been torn down and toppled over, with many more showing signs of getting in the dragon's way. But she was calming down now, her anger slowly drifting into the earth below her as each breath forced her to calm down. Still, her talons were clenched against the ground, and the tip of her tail twisted and turned like an agitated snake.

"Calm down Wyneta," she murmured to herself as she forced herself to take several deep breaths, "You're not going to get anywhere like this."

Her heart rate began to slow, allowing her to look around at the destruction she had caused with some grim amusement. She had always been a more physical dragon than the rest of her species and would much rather tear with teeth and claws than use mental tricks and illusions that her kind was known for. It had always been something she had looked down at the other mind dragons for doing. They were all so flimsy, so reliant on their powers that if anyone was able to break through them they wouldn't stand a chance.

That was not the reason for her current rage, however. Just thinking of it heated her body and made her vision flash red with anger and her tail curl like a millipede. The memory slipped before her, the image as real as if it was happening around her.

'Wyneta, for your insubordination and dangerous experimentation, you will be exiled from the mind kingdom, never to return.'

It infuriated her. She hadn't done anything wrong, other than push a few very useless dragons to the brink of madness with her abilities, keeping the teetering on the edge while she tested the limits of the mind. That was all. Testing the limits of her abilities was a good thing. A benefit. The fact that they deemed it exile-worthy was infuriating. It was better than execution... in some ways... but still. A growl escaped her as she lashed her tail along the ground.

She hadn't been paying attention to how long she had been flying. Though she knew it was most of the previous day and a good portion of the night, and now she was stranded in some forest, she guessed somewhere at the border between the sky and shadow nations. She did remember seeing one or two life dragon villages on the way as well. If memory served her correct, as it always did, it meant she was getting close to the edge of the continent, and the ocean. When she got there... she wasn't sure what she would do.

But for now, her body was tired, and her wings were sore. She hadn't seen any caves that would suit as a potential resting spot for the next day and night, meaning she would be forced to sleep in the open. The thought made her shiver somewhat. With a rumble, she gingerly reached out with her conscious, the primary ability of her species, as she began to detect the mental thoughts of the creatures around her. Many were hiding, still scarred by the noises she had been making in the midst of her rage, but as she glanced at their memories there didn't seem to be anything distinguishing a cave large enough for her to rest in within any reasonable range. Another huff escaped her. At least there didn't seem to be any dragons nearby either.