A Life Dragon's Purpose - 6Yrs BTA

VOTE FOR NEXT STORY BELOW!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curling green energy washed over ruby red scales, forcing bloody scrapes to stitch together, cracked scales to be made new, and broken bones to realign. The energy was absorbed into flesh and blood, restoring energy and revitalizing weary muscles. It flowed like mist and renewed like water, the refreshment of a cool mountain stream after days flying through the desert. It produced untold relief, like laying down in a nest after a day of pushing to further limits. The only response could be a sigh and a purr. The only feeling gratitude.

"Aah... thank you," the calm disorientated Drakin from a fire dragon was purred, "I never realised life energy felt so good."

The energy was shut off with a snap from its source, a young female life dragoness with pearly light green scales and drooping tired wings, "It's... it's our job."

The fire dragon grunted softly, laying his head back down on the leather nest he had been told to rest in, "I'm still grateful."

The dragoness only nodded her head, keeping her tired eyes to the ground. There was a bustle of activity around them. Hundreds of nests stretched through a large wooden building, each occupied by an injured dragon, whether that be red of fire or chaos or the yellow of light or electricity. Dozens of light dragons moved around, making sure all the injured were comfortable and cared for. Rarely did they have such an influx, so the building was incredibly crowded. Still, more dragons were being brought in, but all the critical had been cared for so all that was left was a few scrapes and broken bones.

"What's your name?" the fire drake asked.

The life dragoness glanced up at him, "Uuh... um... my names Agela."

"That's a beautiful name," he smiled kindly at her, "I'm Kalik. It's nice to meet you Agela."

Agela felt herself flush slightly at the compliment, "Th... thanks. Nice to meet you Kalik... I uuh... I better get going. More dragons to heal."

"Of course. I'll see you around?"

"Sure," she felt she had to say.

She hurried to her next patient, a light drake who was fast asleep but had several minor wounds across his body. With an open mouth, she summoned her power again, the light green energy cool and soothing even to her own throat. But it was getting harder to summon her power. She was feeling incredibly drained. Never had she had to heal so many dragons in a single day before. But that was the consequence of war. Her gut twisted at the thought. It was difficult to remember a time before the war.

She hatched nearly four years before it started, and even then relationships between the nations were fragile, at least according to her father. Now she was seven, getting close to her eighth hatchday. A day where she would be considered an adult, and she could find a mate and leave the nest if she so wished. But she wasn't sure she wanted to while everything around her seemed to be falling apart. So many had been dying, and what she had heard from the warriors that flooded into the village every day left her horrified. It wasn't until only three days ago when the distant power of equilibrium had washed over their home that she had been truly frightened. From what she had heard... it seemed the shadow dragons' home had been attacked... and they had all been slaughtered.

The thought sent a shiver down her spine. An entire species completely wiped from the face of the earth, at least nearly. It made her want to claw those responsible apart. To throw those involved to the wayside and refuse to help them. But no, now they had to sit complacently and help the very creatures that had done something so horrible. She could barely stand to look at them, bottling the emotions inside her like a waterspout about to burst. Instead, she kept her head down, moving from dragon to dragon as she healed the wounds of murderers.