Catalyst - 20Yrs BTA

VOTE FOR THE NEXT STORY BELOW!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zymre flapped his wings, twisting in the air as fire swirled around him, showering glimmering red and yellow light onto his ruby scales. A beam of red chaotic energy singed past his flank, narrowly missing his wing and continuing into the sky. He flapped his wings again, the inferno around him reacting to his will with savage eagerness, lurching forward with a roar echoed by its controller. It swirled forward with hunger, a tornado of flames that basked the ashen sand below in sweltering heat.

They didn't make it far, however, as an explosion of the same chaos energy lit up the stadium. The flames were stopped in their tracks, thrown to the side and dissipating, followed by the red energy. For the moment the sky area was free of elemental carnage, allowing Zymre to glare down at his opponent with frustration. The drake on the ground was a deeper and darker red than a fire dragon, with four long black horns on his head, and black spines running down the length of his back. The crowd of dragons was cheering in the background, their roars echoing the length of the arena like a waterfall in a valley.

Zymre allowed himself a glance into the crowd and the mixture of red and yellow scales within, sitting on their haunches along the massive steps surrounding the arena. Millions had gathered, young and old, from all over the fire nation. But Zymre had eyes for only one. A dragon perched on a pedestal above the others, the aura of power radiating from her flooding the arena with her presence. The two of them made eye contact, and the drake narrowed his eyes with determination before looking down at the drake that was his final opponent. His wings were sore, and his breath was coming in ragged gasps, but he was so close... so close to getting what he wanted.

With a challenging roar, he spread his wings, fire igniting along his back as he flung himself forward in a flaming comet. The chaos dragon below roared out in response. Red energy flooded his scales, lancing out of him like solar flairs as he launched into the air. Another beam of chaos energy lanced through the air toward Zymre, and he dodged to the side, using the flames to help propel his passage. Just before the two dragons clashed the fire drake once against turned in mid-air, streamlining his wings as he narrowly dodged the sharp teeth and claws of his larger opponent, and flung his fire forward.

The chaos dragon screamed as he was engulfed in pain, flailing in the air as he struggled to right himself. But despite being severely burnt, he managed to stay in the sky, turning around and launching another blast of chaos energy toward the fire drake. Zymre once again dodged out of the way by dropping several dragon lengths, hitting the ground with his paws, and launching into the air once again with a burst of flames. Another bolt of chaos energy slammed into the ground right where he had been, causing dust and sand to explode into the air. Another singed his scales, causing pain to lance through his scales, and his wings to seize with tension as he let out a yelp.

The next blast hit him. Zymre cried out as he was slammed back into the ground by the force of the chaos energy. Something in his wing broke, but that was nothing compared to the sizzling tearing of the energy as pain flooded his chest, causing his vision to flicker black and a choking whimper to escape his mouth. He lay where he was, dazed and broken by the sudden turn in the fight. His grasp on reality only came back with the large thud of something landing next to him. A shadow was cast over him as he tried to summon the strength to roll to his feet. The cold touch of talons against his chest caused him to freeze.

"Do you yield?" the snarl came from above, but Zymre's vision was too hazy to see from who.

He only groaned in response.