Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"How about we get serious?"

"Are you sure?" Johnny asks as he fakes a step to the left but moves to the right.

Rosana blocks effortlessly. His hit wasn't meant to hurt or to get a point. They were just stalling as they toyed around each other.

"I'll drive at the back of your bike if you take this fight seriously like you would if I was Danny or anyone else."

Johnny felt like laughing and scolding at the same time as he dodges her high kick and goes to sweep her leg, slower than he usually would. The only people who would know the difference between the real sweep and the weak one he just tried would be Rosana, the guys, and Sensei.

Rosana sidesteps to avoid the sweep.

Johnny mulled her offer at the back of his head as they tiptoed around each other without hurting the other too badly or at all. A jab here, a kick here, a small maneuver there.

Rosana knew that he was going to take the offer. She hadn't driven with him since she got her bike and she knows that he misses it seeing as he always groans about it. Especially since he would take any chance at having her pressed against him and driving with him was usually that chance. He also enjoyed the drive much better with her heat surrounding him, her arms wrapped around him and the sound of her laughter in his ears was a favorite of his. It has that musical carefree note to it that he wanted to hear for as long as he could.

"Only if you're sure." He says firmly.

"I am." She states strongly.

"Okay. Let's do this."

He may not have said this but his hard blue eyes told it for her. That if she wants him to stop, all she had to do is say it and he will.

Rosana nods firmly and before she knew it, Johnny strikes first, fast and hard.

Johnny knew that Rosana would move to the right if he goes for a kick so he fakes a kick but then moves to the right to aim a punch at her midsection but Rosana blocks it and defend herself from the onslaught of his high kick.

The fight between the two of them was intense, fast, and hard that it had the crowd cheering. Unsure of who would get the point as both of them were holding themselves well and they were definitely not holding back now.

Suddenly Rosana feels herself slip to the back because of Johnny's leg hooking into hers and then she is slammed onto her back. When she tries to roll to the side out of instinct she sees Johnny comes towards her at a rapid pace. He predicts her movement and aims a punch to her midsection again before the referee moves him away from Rosana.

"Point Lawrance!"

Johnny slaps the referee's hand away because he was blocking him from Rosana when he wanted to lift her up. He knew that the referee only prevented him because he thought that Johnny would try to pounce on Rosana, but it didn't make him any less annoyed by it.

The referee's face was red with annoyance and anger at Johnny's disrespect and rudeness and was about to use bodily force to make Johnny move away from his opponent... when he sees Johnny taking Rosana's hand in his and pulls her up before nudging her chin with his knuckles softly.

Rosana gives Johnny a reassuring smile before both of them take their own spots again and get into a fighting stance once more.

Rosana looks to her left, her eyes meeting Mr. Miyagi's, hers questioning, and his clear and focused. He gives her one nod: he knew exactly what she was asking and she knew exactly why he was saying yes.