3| Beginnings

A R A B E L L A

"This is our home, Sorella. Now let's go inside, they are dying to meet you." he said as we got out of the car.

Home. I don't know where my home is anymore.

Mom always used to tell me that home is not walls and furniture that built a house, it's not a place. However, home is when you are surrounded by people you love and feel safe with, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you are with them.

She was my home.

Taking a good glimpse at the exterior of the house, I have to a bit it was magnificent. The old Italian architecture of the house makes it known that the property had been owned by the family for years.

When we entered the house, I wasn't exactly surprised by the glorious and elegant interior décor of the place, I was amazed.

The Italian, royal yet rustic design made the atmosphere of the house even more luxurious. There were painting hanged on every wall of the house and the furnishings most have cost more than I could even imagine.

I have been in countless mansions before but none were actually like this one. And I have this odd feeling of familiarity with this place that I can't quite interpret.

I heard a deep-throated chuckle come from behind me, I turned around to be met with a man in his late forties. His dark black hair gives the impression that he was younger. He gazed at me with his chocolaty brown eyes that were a replica of mine.

Well, I guess I found daddy dearest.

"It's beautiful, isn't it," He asked referring to the décor of the house. I simply hummed, not giving him much of a reply. My expression was still cold and wary.

Beside him, were five new figures- of male, I assumed-that I couldn't quite get a good look at but their presence still felt kind of familiar.

"Hello Principessa, I'm your father Lorenzo Romano," My so-called father introduced himself with a welcoming smile on his face. His eyes hide unsaid words and unshown emotions.

"Hello Lorenzo, I'm Arabella" I simply said in a monotonous tone. I didn't know what to say exactly I couldn't just say 'Hey, I always thought you were a fucking asshole that left me and my mother and I never knew I had brothers.'

As much as I would love to tell him that, I don't think that it's adequate to say this. And I don't want to disappoint Mama.

I notice now he slightly flinched at my tone, the hurt in his eyes when I called him by his first name was clearly apparent.

"Boys introduce yourself," He said strictly trying to suppress his ache. I didn't actually mean to hurt him but I wasn't going to call him 'Dad' either.

"Hello Picolla, I'm your eldest brother Leonardo, I'm twenty-seven," The oldest-looking one out of all the boys said. His negligibly wavy black hair was similar to mine and he appeared to also have inherited from our father, the same chocolate-brown eyes.

While his face showed no once of sentiments his eyes were filled with all kinds of emotions.

Reading someone's eyes was a true talent. It took me years to truly master it. Mother was a great teacher not only did she teach me how to read people's facial expressions she also taught me how to conceal mine.

"We have already met but I'm Emilio-in case you forgot. I'm twenty-four and I'm a resident at Romano's Hospital. If you need anything you can come to me. I'm so glad your back Bambina, I missed you." said the one beside Leonardo enthusiastically flashing me a huge smile.