20| The Fight

A R A B E L L A

It's been a month and a few weeks since I started attending St Pablos High school. Kiera and I got closer. She even forces me to hang out every week. 'Girl night' that's what she calls it. And I enjoy spending time with her even if I don't show it.

Even Giovanni—Alexandre's best friend— and I got along well. You can say that Kie, Ale, Gio, and I became like a small friend group. And now that Angelo was here, he will certainly be added to the group. We have fun together and I find Giovanni and Kiera trustworthy. And it helps that my brothers trust them and that their family is involved in the mafia. Talking about this, I am wondering when my family is going to tell me about their involvement in the underground.

I had built a relationship with everyone in my family. My brothers and I, always go out together and create new memories. And I really feel like we're making up for all the time we have lost together.

Even Papa and I often spend time together. He is always trying to free up his schedule for us so we could get more time to spend with him. And I can see that he's been trying. He's trying to be a good father for us.

Our family back in Italy came back a few days ago. It was crazy to think that it has already been a month since I last saw them. I was glad to have them back.

"You are a fucking asshole." I hissed angrily at him.

"Only for you, tigresa." He smirked amused.

"You think this is funny, huh? ‏ You can't just go around and punch people who didn't do shit to you." I yelled at him. I was the violent type. But not when they are innocent. I had my limits. He didn't.

"Right. Excuse me Miss perfect but I always have a good reason for what I do." His voice became even darker. And harsh even.

"The guy didn't fucking do anything to you, Nathaniel."

"But he fucking did. You may not have heard him but he was talking about how it would feel to fuck your tight virgin ass."

I was taken aback by his response but I didn't show it. "I can take care of myself. You didn't have to defend my honor, Nathaniel."

"You are my best friend's little sister and my sister's friend. So yeah, I had to."

"No, you didn't. Next time, let me take care of it." I rolled my eyes.

"I am not a good guy, Arabella. So don't expect me to act like one." His voice was deep. Dark. Low. Dangerous. And the way he said my name. Fuck, I hate ce connard.

"Fuck you!" I cursed.

"Maybe someday." He chuckled "Oh, and tigresa. It's Nate."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Don't call me Nathaniel. It's Nate. Everybody calls me Nate." He explained.

"Very well then. Fuck you, Nathaniel." I offered him a smile while I flipped him off and then walked away.

As I was walking in the hallway I noticed Giovanni. He looked exhausted. The black bags under his eyes made it obvious that he wasn't getting any sleep.

"Hey, Giovanni. What's up? You look tired as fuck." I approached him.

"Oh. Hi, Arabella. I am fine. I just couldn't get much sleep this week. It will pass." He offered me a smile. A fatigued one.

Giovanni's parents are in Italy for work. The last time he saw them was two months ago. And since his older brother is in college, Giovanni was left to take care of his little sister alone. It was not surprising that he was exhausted.