29| The Ball

A R A B E L L A

Saturday. The day of the ball.

I don't know how to feel about it. It wasn't the first time I had attended a fancy gathering but this ball was different since it was being held in my honor. It was the first time other mafias will meet me. It was too much pressure.

Jaxon has been constantly coming to my house and I am pretty sure I am not the only reason why he wants to come here. I wasn't blind. I had noticed the looks he and Alexandre shared. I had suspected that my twin might be gay or bisexual by the many times I had caught drooling over guys. But I never said anything, I am waiting until he is ready to come out to me. I will accept him like he is and will love him no matter what. And I am not against the idea of my best friend and twin brother dating, I think they would be good for each other.

I had gone shopping yesterday along with the Romano ladies, Kie, and her mother. We spend hours going in and out of stores until I found the perfect dress for me. A Versace, red and backless dress that included a revealing slit, highlighting my long tanned legs. When I first saw the price tag on the dress, I immediately put it back where I found it, but my Nonna urged me to try it on saying that I never have to worry about money. After a lot of persuasion on her part, she convinced me to let her buy it for me. Sugar grandma.

Kiera and her mother had bought me the black Yves Saint Laurent heels as a gift claiming that it was impolite not to gift me something in appreciation of their invite to the ball.

The makeup artist aunt Alyssa has hired finally finished applying the cosmetic on my skin. It was beautiful. I had asked for a simple look once I never liked the full makeup face. A sharp eyeliner and good mascara that brought out my big brown eyes. A faint rosy blush that underlined my freckles. And the sexy red lipstick was the cherry on top. I had to make sure to ask the makeup artist for a non-stainable lipstick because I was sure that with my unmatched clumsiness, the lipstick would turn out to be smeared all over my face by the end the night.

"Dio Mio! You look absolutely beautiful." Aunty Val gasped as she and the other Romano ladies entered my room.

"mia nipote sembri senza fiato, sei diventata una bella donna, sono così orgoglioso di te" Nonna cried out as she approached q d hugged me careful not to ruin my look.

"Stop! You guys are going to make me cry and ruin my makeup." I humorlessly chuckle trying to ignore the lump in my throat. "But really, thank you guys for being here for me. You are the best."

"Nonsense." Aunt Alyssa told me. "You are like our daughter, there is no need to thank us."

"Mon Dieu, your mother would have been so proud." Aunt Amelia moved toward me and placed her hands on my cheeks. "Tu es ravissante, mon Coeur."

"Merci." I thanked her as I closed my eyes leaning into her touch. She is so much like mom. I wish mama is here. She would have given me a pep talk and stopped my anxiety. "By the way, you all look gorgeous." I smiled clearing my throat not wanting to get emotional now.

"Let's go downstairs. The others must be going crazy waiting for us." Nonna commented.

As we stepped into the living room, silence took over as all eyes turned toward us. "My baby girl. You are growing too fast." Papa expressed as moved to hug me. "You look stunning, Principessa."

"Thank you, Papa."

"You look magnificent, my little regional." Nonno also complimented.  Then I had reserved millions of compliments from my brothers and uncles, saying how stunning I look and how fast their little sorella was growing.