17| St. Pablos HighSchool

A R A B E L L A

Peace. Quiet. Silent. Relaxation.

That's all I feel when I fall asleep. Or to be more honest, when I manage to get some sleep. Sleeping is an escape. And I loath that I wasn't blessed with the ability to do it often.

I felt my body being shaken harshly. I groaned and opened my eyes angrily.

"What the fuck do you want?" I hissed annoyed at the person who interrupted my sleep.

"Chill sissy. We are going to be late for school so get the fuck up then dress and come downstairs for breakfast. Em won't let you leave before you eat." I heard Matteo's voice.

I groaned and suppressed the urge to kill my brother just because I knew he was right. I shouldn't be late for school on my first day. Not the best first impression.

I lazily got up from my bed while rubbing my eyes and yawning. I made my way to the bathroom and washed my face then put on some mascara, and gloss. I didn't like makeup too much. Why would I want to cover my face with this shit? It's uncomfortable and artificial.

For my outfit, I decided to go with a preppy and elegant yet alluring look. I put on my turtle neck shirt with a vintage black plaid side zipper skirt. I also wore my Dr. Martens boots and accessorized my neck with numerous chains. For the final touch, I sprayed some of my Versace Crystal Noir perfume.

I stepped into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar from the counter while taking the fresh orange juice Em made me drink daily.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Lucas grunted while glaring at my short skirt.

"That skirt is way too short." Marco complained.

"I agree. You should change." Leo nodded.

"Hell no. I will water whatever the fuck I want to. It's my body, my choice. This is not up for discussion." I said sternly not willing to argue on this.

"You are going to a school full of horny teenage boys. Perverts are gonna be all over you." Matteo whined while glaring at the wall behind me.

"Well, it's not my problem if they can't keep their dicks in their pants. And I can take care of myself just fine. I'm not changing that's final." I glared at them ending this useless conversation.

"Fine. But figli, if someone does, say or even look at your sister wrongly don't have mercy on them." Papa sighed.

After I gulped my orange juice, we got up and ready to leave. "Don't forget to eat lunch. And drink water regularly. If you don't feel ready you don't have to go." Em hugged me as he worried and rambled.

"Em, you don't have to worry. I am good." I smiled at how much he cares and worries about us.

"Have a good day, Principessa. If you need anything go to your brothers or call us." Papa kissed my forehead affectionately.

"Good luck, Piccola. And don't forget that you are a Romano." Leo embraced me lightly and then kissed my temple.

We got out of the house and saw Xavier and Nicollo in their car waiting for us. They lived in the mansion right next to us in the ridiculously fancy neighborhood. I was glad that at least they lived in the state and are going with us to school. The twins jumped in their car while Ale and I hopped in Luc's vehicle.

On the ride to school, I stayed silent listening to the music and looking out of the window. I was feeling anxious or nervous but I couldn't help the doubtfulness filling my senses. I will be the new girl. The Romanos sister. New classmates. New environment. I don't really like change especially since in the last few weeks everything in my life has altered.