22| Family Sunday

A R A B E L L A

It's Sunday. And apparently for the Romanos, Sundays are family days. Every Sunday we all have lunch at Nonno and Nonna's house.

While Emilio and Marcello helped my aunts and Nonna cook, the others were either in the living room or working with their fathers.

"So what are we making?"I stepped into the kitchen. I decided to help. I am bored and cooling can be fun. Sometimes at least.

"Lasagne, Ravioli, Bruschetta, and of course, garlic bread. For the dessert, I was thinking maybe, Tiramisù?" Auntie Alyssa replied as she pulled a jar of my Nonna's homemade tomato sauce.

"That's perfect." I drooled at the thought of that food. You may think that this is too much food and it will probably go to waste. But I guarantee you that it is not. We eat a lot. And I mean it when I say, a fucking lot.

"That is a lot of food." Auntie Amelia commented knowing damn well that we will eat the last bit of it.

"Of course. There are pigs outside waiting for us to feed them." Auntie Val laughed.

"We are not pigs." Marcello defended.

"Yeah. We are just grown men." Em agreed.

By the time we were done, I was covered in flour and sauce. But it was fun. And I am realizing that I actually can make a good housewife, even though that will never fucking happen.

I was glad that I had a room of my own in this house because I really needed to change my clothes. I slipped inside and admired the design. It was a beautiful yet rustic room. Perfect. I chose to water a long white, summer skirt that had a long slit that revealed my long tanned legs. I matched it with a simple, black Tank-top.

Once I was done dressing, I went back to the dining room where everyone was taking a seat and drooling at all the delicious food placed on the table. My aunts might not cook often but they are great cooks. And homemade cooking on Sundays is a must.

"Mmmm. I could die a happy man now." Julio sniffed the food "Wait— No. Not now. After I finish eating"

T H I R D     P E R S O N

After dinner, the boys decided to play football in the backyard of the mansion. Arabella was adamant about joining. However, her brothers were more hesitant since they didn't want to hurt her while playing. Football was a brutal sport. But of course, with her puppy eyes and cute face, she managed to convince them. They could never say no to her.

The ball was swiveling in the air and Arabella had the opportunity to catch it. And she did not waste the chance. She caught it. But what surprised her brothers was how she caught it perfectly. Like she played football all of her life.

"Take that bitches!" She yelled smugly.

"How the fuck did you caught it so perfectly?" Angelo gaped at her.

"Well, I did have five non-related brothers back in New York who all played football. So I guess it was natural for them to teach me so I could play with them."

Non-related brothers. Brothers. She called them brothers. Her fucking brothers.

The Romanos I couldn't help the jealousy and envy that restrained their chest. It should have been them who thought her how to play football. It should have been them who watched her grow up. It should have been them who scared all the boys away. It should have been them who cheered her up when she was sad.

They couldn't. That dream was snatched away from them. But now they have the opportunity to try and built a relationship with their baby sister again. A second chance. But now she isn't a baby anymore, she is a teenager and a grown woman.