18| Retrouvaille

A R A B E L L A

"And as much as I like that finally one of my girl friends isn't interested in my brothers. You two have to get along in front of us for all of our sakes." Kiera said.

"Fine. Only for you. I will try to be civil with him." I sigh "However, I'm warning you if you piss me off, I will cut off your fingers, blend them and then make you drink them as a fresh smoothie " I threatened.

"You really are your brothers' sister." Nathaniel chuckled while my brothers looked at me proudly.

I liked the sound of Nathaniel's laugh but I couldn't think that way. He is a connard. And he doesn't deserve my attention. I could have anyone. But he is someone I can't have. He is my brother's best friend. And my new friend's brother. But for some reason that made me want him even more. I always craved what was forbidden. But maybe if I try to hate him, I could get him out of my head. I need to.

I took a bite of my apple and turned to Matteo. "Give me the chocolate bar." I demanded.

"No," Matteo replied. And then he went back to his conversation with Blake, his best friend whom he introduce me to earlier. He was cool and reminded me of Ale. For now, I liked him but I was wary of him just like I was still cautious about Kiera, her brother, and Giovanni. But they are family friends and my brothers trust them. So I will eventually learn how to also do so.

I contemplated the idea of going to Nico and asking him for some candy bar as he always carries at least three with him. He was sitting with his friends at the table a few meters away from us and as I was about to get up, Lucas appeared from nowhere and sat between me and Xavi.

I was wondering where he was.

"Hey, pumpkin. Anyone annoyed you?" He asked me, taking over the act of the protective bug brother.

"Nope. Other than this asshole no one." I reassured him while pointing to Nathaniel.

"Nate? What did he do?"

"I didn't do anything." Nathaniel replied, rolling his eyes.

"Except being an asshole." I argued.

"Where is Adrian?" Xavier asked, Lucas. The smart fucker was trying to change the subject.

My heart skipped a beat after hearing the name. Adrian. I haven't heard that name in so long. I gulped my water, trying to get rid of those though.

"He just text me. He had something to do and just came to school." Luc replied.

"I can't wait till the others come back from Italy," I stated not bothering to hide my excitement.

"We all are. It's just a few weeks. We will survive." Marco answered.

"I miss Angelo. And Julio. I haven't seen them in forever." Kie whined. And I don't miss the way Blake tensed. Interesting.

"That's true. The last time I saw them was before summer started. Dante on the other hand, I haven't missed the fucker." Nathaniel agreed with his sister.

"He had a-" The words died in Giovanni's mouth the cafeteria's door suddenly burst open.

The chatting stopped as everyone focused their attention on the intruder. I lifted my gaze from the table to the door. The moment I saw who it was, I felt m heart stop for a second. I couldn't breathe. My eyes widen and my hands trembled.

The same light brown eyes and hazel almond eyes I remembered. A few years ago he only had a few tattoos but now his entire arms were inked.

I stared at him. I couldn't move. It was like my whole body became paralyzed. I wanted to let the tear in my eyes fall but I couldn't do it. Not now. Not in front of everyone.