26| Katerina

A R A B E L L A

"What the hell is happening?" I asked Emilio once I stepped into the hallways but he simply stared at me worriedly.

The sun still hasn't risen and the yelling of my brothers woke me up. I instantly got up and took off to the source of the noise just to see all my brothers and father already there.

"You are a fucking selfish dick, Lucas," Marco yelled at our brother.

"Fuck. I know. I fucking know." Lucas responded. "But you can't play the victim here!"

"Play the victim? Are you fucking serious?" Marco said in disbelief. "This isn't about me or you."

"She is fucking gone, Marco." My brother screamed. "So whatever problem we have is between you and me."

"Oh?" Marco chuckled. "So you want me to tell you what my problem is?"

"Yes"

"My problem is that you screwed with my best friend and used her as you do with every fucking girl."

"You don't know what you are talking about." Lucas' temper was starting to get out of control and I noticed it immediately but I stayed out of this for now. They needed to solve this without us interfering.

"I do know. She was just a quick fuck for you, wasn't she? You got what you wanted from her then you tossed her aside—" Before Marco was able to finish his words, Lucas threw the first punch at him.

"Stop saying that shit." He yelled. "Her death crushed me as much as it did you."

Marco punches him back and I wanted to stop them but my brothers and father were silently watching them which made me understand that I shouldn't get involved in this fight.

"Stop fucking lying. She was my best friend while she was you what? Fuck buddy?"

Well, shit. I wasn't ignorant. I often caught sight of the tension between Marco and Lucas but I dismissed it thinking that maybe it was the casual sibling annoyance or that they had a misunderstanding but I never thought that they would be such a big backstory to this irritation between them.

"I loved her!" Lucas cried out and those words made everyone freezes including Marco.

"What?" Marco let out in shock.

"I fucking love her. I loved Katerina. I was in love with her." Lucas admits another time.

Lucas was in love? How is that even possible?

L U C A S

I stormed out of the house after my confession not wanting to face their reaction. I went to the place where I took Arabella so I could apologize. It is one of the only places that could bring me comfort.

I can't believe a year has already passed. Today marks a year since Katerina's death. She didn't only die that day, she killed with her our future.

I sat there for what seemed like hours, talking alone and remembering the memories of the only girl I have ever fallen in love with until I saw the flash of light and hear a car parking.

I instantly felt my sister's presence as she sat beside me. She is the only crazy one who would follow me in the crazy state that I am in. But she knew that no matter how angry I am I could never lay a finger on her.

"I knew you would be here." She sighs. I raised an eyebrow questioning her assumption. "I know you a lot more than you think I do, Luc."

She didn't talk after that. She waited until I was ready to begin the conversation. And for the first time, I find myself wanting to talk about what happened to someone. I wanted to tell her. I needed to tell her.