19| Noah

A R A B E L L A

F L A S H B A C K

"W-Where is he?" I stuttered, I am scared. So fucking scared.

I can feel it all. His hands were on me. His sloppy kisses on my neck and breast. His stinky breath. I remember his words. His threats. That was the worst kind of torture. Every kiss, every touch hurt me more than the knifes wounds on my tights.

"Bring him in," My tortured said to one of the guards.

I saw him. I saw the bruises covering his body. The blood was everywhere. The dirt. The scars. I couldn't stop the tears from running down my cheeks. I couldn't stop the sobs from escaping my mouth. I couldn't stop them from hurting us. I was weak. I couldn't even stand without falling. I was tired.

My heart clenched as I watched him. He looked so fragile, so broken. The sparkle in his eyes was gone. The liveness in him was also gone. He was tired just like me. I should have protected him better. He deserved to be happy. He was still somehow pure.

"Don't hurt him. I beg you!" I pleaded. I didn't care about my pride. All I cared about was his safety. I would beg a million times if it means that he won't get hurt.

"Who is going to entertain us today?"Our tormentor taunted, seeming to be enjoying our misery too much.

"Don't put your filthy hand on her." The bruised guy still tried to protect me even though now he was in much worse shape than me.

"You need to shut the fuck up, boy."

"Don't hurt her and I will shut up."

"You think you are in the position to negotiate." He darkly chuckled, approaching the helpless boy.

He slapped him hard, the sound echoing in the cell. I gasped but before I could run to protect him, the torturer took out his knives and slashed the boy's arms.

"No!" I shouted in protest, in fear.

"You little—" He was cut off by the ringing of his phone. "We will continue this later." He scowls before exiting the cell and loving it behind him.

I didn't waste a minute before running toward the boy crawling on the dirty floor while blood flowed from his deep wounds that will get infected if they aren't treated quickly.

"Shh. I am here." I tried to comfort him. "It is gonna be okay. Just don't close your eyes. Don't leave me, Noah."

I held in in my arms and laid his head on my chest while my chin rested on his crown. I sobbed. I cried for him. I cried for myself. I cried for our families. I cried for our future. I cried for our bodies. I cried for souls. I cried for us.

I just fucking cried. Because I couldn't do anything else. I failed. I was helpless. I was powerless.

"I am so fucking sorry, Ella. I couldn't protect you from this. From them. But I promise I will get you out of here. It will be okay." Noah promised while he shed a few tears himself.

"Don't you dare, Noah. It isn't your fault. None of this is. We are here for each other. We protect one another." I kissed his dirty forehead.

"And by the way, I will never leave you, Ella." He vowed.

F L A S H B A C K O V E R

Noah

Noah

Noah...

I haven't dreamt about him or about what happened in a while. I was even scared that I was beginning to forget him. But I wasn't. I never will.