🌞Chapter 5🌻

🌞🌻

"What's up? You look perplexed."

Gulf looked up at the warm feeling of a hand clapped on top of his head. He could feel everyone's eyes turn toward him.

"Mew."

Mew's eyes were soft. "You spacing out?"

"No, I'm okay."

The two girls from earlier now quietly faced forward. They may have been able to ask Gulf questions, but they didn't have the courage to ask Mew himself.

Mew wasn't wearing anything special, just a grey leather jacket and jeans---but there was something overbearing about him, something unapproachable. That was just part of Mew's charm.

Gulf didn't have half the presence that Mew did. On top of his looks, Mew was always calm and peaceful, Gulf had never heard Mew raise his voice. It really would be strange for a guy so handsome and self-assured not to have a girldriend.

'Why didn't I realize something as simple as that?'

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Mew shook his head.

Gulf realized he'd been staring at Mew and quickly looked away. "It's nothing."

"Well, okay then. Hey Gulf, push in. I can't stand here forever." Mew gestured with a nod of his head. Even at times as open and innocent as this, he wouldn't touch Gulf. Mew would only touch him from the neck up.

'If he had a girlfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't kiss me.'

Gulf shook his head as he slid over in the seat. Mew sat down next to him comfortably. Gulf could only stare at him. He couldn't read the man's expression just by looking at that fine profile.

'Why does he kiss me?'

"Gulf?" Mew asked.

And Gulf answered automatically. "Yes, sir?"

"What do you mean 'yes sir'? What is it? Is there really something on my face?"

Gulf shook his head and sighed softly, that Mew couldn't hear him. 'It may be a mystery what Mew's thinking, but at this point, I'm not even sure what kind of person I am anymore.'

Judging by the first time they'd ever talked, he'd never imagined things would turn out like this.

It had been in April, at the beginning of their sophomore year.

TBC

A/N: Next chapter/s will be the story of their first encounter.