🌞Chapter 16🌻

🌞🌻

It was three days before exams, and the campus was seething with excitement. The classrooms where the more difficult courses were taught were in chaos. Gulf stole a glance at Mew, who was sitting in the seat next to his. Mew was copying down his notes, he looked like a model in his bright red shirt and beige chinos.

The notes Mew copying were Gulf's.

Boat and Mild, who had come to borrow his notes before, warned Mew that while Gulf's notes were easy to understand, they didn't do any good if you don't understand exactly what they all meant.

"I told you they wouldn't help you much," Gulf said with a smirk as he peered at Mew's serious profile.

Mew looked up from the notes and shrugged. "I told you I didn't care. I'll stop when they stop helping even a little."

"We've only got three days, you should stop now. How many times are you planning on writing them out?" Gulf realized that this wasn't something they should be discussing in public, and he quickly covered his mouth. He could feel his cheeks grow hot as he blushed all the way down to his neck, which was covered with hickies beneath the turtle neck he'd borrowed from Mew. He turned to face front, embarrassed by the memories of the night before. He could tell Mew was holding back a smile.

"Man, Gulf...I wish exams were over."

"They haven't even started yet."

"Once they're over, we can stop thinking about them. Then..."

Gulf glared at Mew, not letting him finish the sentence. Even in a busy classroom, you never know who was listening.

"I thought you'd be more relaxed about this," Gulf said softly, still glaring.

Mew's face grew serious. "Gulf..."

"What?"

Mew tilted his head and brought his lips up to Gulf's ear. "Stop looking at me like that. It's making me really hot."

Gulf's cheeks flushed hotter than ever. He quickly looked away as memories of the night before came flooding back. "What are you talking about?"

"Gulf..."

"What?"

"I love you," Mew whispered.

Gulf stared at him in surprise. Mew's expression hadn't changed, but his dark eyes shone with happiness. Somehow, Gulf could believe that Mew really had been inlove with him since their freshman year. Mew seemed so happy that his love was finally returned. He'd been bubbling over with happiness since last night.

Thinking back on it, Gulf realized how important it must have been for Mew to speak to him in the hall that April. At that time, Gulf hadn't noticed it, but now, he realized just how happy Mew had been when Gulf had said hisb name. He'd seemed overjoyed that Gulf knew it.

Gulf could feel a smile tugging at his lips, and he quickly schooled his expression. Mew was watching him tenderly.

"Mew, Gulf."

Gulf looked up to see Mild walking over, with Boat following behind him.

"What's up? We didn't see you two yesterday..." Mild asked, as he and Boat sat down.

"Not much. We just had to go do something," Mew said easily, his eyes on Gulf.

Gulf looked down, feeling the heat from his lover's gaze.

"What? Did something good happen?" Mild asked innocently.

Mew looked up. "Why do you think something good happened?"

"Well, you both look really happy."

"Both of us?" Gulf asked.

Mild nodded. "You and Mew both look really happy."

Gulf's hands flew to his cheeks. He thought he'd had his expression under control.

'Can they see it.?'

He could hear Mew chuckling beside him. Gulf glared at Mew, but Mew just looked back at him, his gazed heated. Glaring at him did nothing. Mew was happy that Gulf was looking at him at all, even if it was with anger.

TBC