🌞Chapter 17🌻

🌞🌻

"Oh Mew...?" Boat, who had been watching the three of them silently, spoke suddenly. "Everyone's saying that girl with the white coat yesterday is your girlfriend. Some people are even saying she's having an affair with you. It doesn't seem like she's your girlfriend to me, but you should probably set the record straight."

Mew finally took his eyes off to Gulf, and Gulf sighed a little. When Mew stared at him like that, it made him think about what they'd done last night.

"You're just as sharp as ever. You're right, she's a relative of mine. You can't stop people gossiping though. Just let them talk." Mew nodded generously.

Boat's eyes widened. "You really okay with that?"

"If anyone asks me about it, I'll tell them, but I don't think I need to go around denying it. People are just going to say whatever they want to anyway."

"If you say so, Mew."

The night before, Mew had explained to Gulf that Yaya was married to his uncle, Thaweesak. His uncle was a modern artist, known mostly for his object d'art and his sculpture. Even Gulf heard his name before, and he knew nothing about art.

Yaya had been in Mew's class in middle school, and through him, she'd met Thaweesak. Despite a seventeen year age difference, Yaya married Thaweesak. And because Mew was closer to his uncle than his parents, and he saw Yaya often, he had asked her to pretend to be his girlfriend. Yaya agreed to help on one condition, Gulf and Mew had to have tea with her one day. Yaya loved to observed the people around her, and she was dying to see what kind of man Mew had finally fallen for.

"She'll probably come to see us before too long. Sorry. Would you minf hanging out with her?" Mew asked apologetically the night befire.

"Nah, I don't mind, but...did P'Yaya know I was a guy the whole time?"

Mew laughed a little. "Both my uncle and Yaya are bi, so they don't care about stuff like that."

Gulf was completely at a loss for words.

Mew added casually, "I mean, I'm bi too."

"I'm...totally lost..." Gulf whispered.

Mew pressed a kiss to Gulf's forehead. "But you're the only one I want. You're the one I'm in love with."

And he'd spent the rest of the night proving that to Gulf.

"Well, she sure was pretty," Mild whispered dreamily.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, Mild." Mew replied lightly. "Any man other than her husband is no more than a punching bag to her. If you don't watch it, you'll get a swift blow to the stomach!"

"What? She's married?"

"Yeah. She's my uncle's wife."

"Really? She's our age, isn't she? I can't believe it," Mild whispered, clearly impressed.

Boat had been listening to the conversation in silence, but suddenly he spoke. "Is this really okay?"

"What?"

"You're in love with someone else, right? What if they get the wrong idea?"

Mew and Gulf both stared at Boat. At the same time, Mild's jaw dropped.

'Man, he's sharp.'

Mew broke the awkward silence with a short laugh. "It's okay. I explained the situation."

"When you say 'explained', you mean you told them exactly how you feel?"

"Pretty much," Mew nodded lightly. He threw a glance to Gulf as he did so, and Gulf quickly looked away.

Boat watched the two of them. Gulf looking down at the ground, and Mew looking at Gulf. Boat nodded to himself and said, "that's okay then."

However, Mild wasn't willing to let the subject drop as easily as Boat had. "No, it's not okay. Mew, who are you in love with?"

"It's a secret."

"Come on, tell me! Does she go to our school?"

"I told you it's a secret." Mew answered calmly. Beneath the table, he twined his fingers around Gulf's. Gulf looked up in surprise, but Mew just gave him a blank expression.

Mild changed tactics, turning to Gulf. "Gulf, do you know who it is?"

"I..."

"Tell me. I won't tell anyone!"

"I don't know." Gulf blushed as Mew squeezed his hand. Last night, they'd fallen asleep holding hands like this.

The professor walked into the room. Mild turned around to face front. The room fell silent. The professor was one of the few teachers who were still strict about talking in class. But Mew didn't let go of Gulf's hand. They were sitting so close together that the chance of a student behind them noticing was slim, but it still made Gulf nervous. Luckily, Mew was holding his left hand, so Gulf scrawled on his notebook, Let go.

Mew stole the pencil from Gulf. Using his left hand, wrote in bold letters, NO.

Gulf was taken aback. 'No? What did he mean 'no'?'

He'd thought that Mew would be smarter about his relationships. He hadn't seemed the type to keep up an unrequited love for almost two years, and he hadn't seemed the type who lost sight of everything but his boyfriend once he started dating. Of course, Gulf had never thought that he would be that boyfriend. He'd never even dreamed that the day would come when he would love someone like this.

Gulf glanced over at Mew. Mew gazed back at Gulf. His eyes were full of passion, and Gulf felt himself falling into them.

'I want to kiss him,' he thought suddenly. 'I want to share those new, feverish kisses.'

Mew wasn't the only one who'd fallen hard. Gulf laughed to himself and squeezed Mew's hand. Mew squeezed back. A feeling of relief welled up inside Gulf at the firm pressure of Mew's hand on his. He picked up the pencil again. In small letters he wrote, I want to kiss you.

Mew stared at him, eyes wide, and then he took the pencil from Gulf. Gulf looked at his lover's awkward scrawl, and smiled.

ME TOO.

END